Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Queue] Queue to Next or Last

Present two options on rightclick, Queue Last and Queue Next. Very easy to implement, and useful. 

The way I been using spotty lately is to keep adding to Play Queue, it has gotten really long and sometimes I want to listen to something right now, then I have to add to queue and then move the songs all the way up to the top.

Mediamonkey have had this implemented since long ago. Mediamonkey is btw the best musicorganizer I've ever owned or tried. 

Updated on 2023-03-28

Hey there,

Thanks for this submission. We had a slight hiccup with moving ideas to different boards, but it's all good now.

We're setting the status of this one as "not right now", but that doesn't mean that your votes don't count.

Cheers!

Comments
chrispau

I've done several parties using Spotify, and "play next" is definitely missing.

"Add to queue" is great but when you want to play a song without loosing your combination of current queue and playlist (like during a party) the play next is very useful

Btw it exists in apple music, Google music, deezer etc...

xxlipe

i will never comeback to spotify if they don't change this. also, other services offers family plans with no need to live in the same address. spotify kicked me out of my family plan when i went on a vacation travel. that is horrible. google music ftw.

csullivan002

this is objectively the wrong reply to this idea suggestion 

it barely adds complication and everyone I know wants this feature to be added 

Powha
I believe this feature might have an impact on pre-cacheing. E.g if Spotify
fetch the data for the next track before it has started.
StiffBoard

"RIght now" is 1,5 years ago!?!?

repentsinner

For anyone not familiar with software development, there is no way that a technical issue or difficulty is holding this up. This is entirely a business decision driven by the fact that we're just usage stats and our usage of this feature (or not) doesn't meaningfully affect their bottom line, such as it is. Given Spotify's current plans to IPO(-ish) and their current bleed rate, they've chosen to allocate resources to other tasks that make more sense right now.

Zxyn

Apple Music and tidal have this feature, why doesn’t Spotify? 

EpicWizard

"We want the process for tasks to be quite smooth rather than making them more complicated."

Yea? Like the current one isn't confusing and complicated? Ridiculous answer Spotify. I can't imagine they use their own app a lot.

ma_shu

I just started to use Spotify as an Apple Music alternative. Not having this option (called Play Next in Apple Music) could be one of the decission makers

Zhangium

Revisiting this thread because it's a major flaw on management to disregard such simple feature. Add it or keep losing paying customers. It's been almost 6 years and I doubt anything else you have planned in the backlog will have such a major impact on the users.