Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Queue] Queue to Next or Last

Present two options on rightclick, Queue Last and Queue Next. Very easy to implement, and useful. 

The way I been using spotty lately is to keep adding to Play Queue, it has gotten really long and sometimes I want to listen to something right now, then I have to add to queue and then move the songs all the way up to the top.

Mediamonkey have had this implemented since long ago. Mediamonkey is btw the best musicorganizer I've ever owned or tried. 

Updated on 2023-03-28

Hey there,

Thanks for this submission. We had a slight hiccup with moving ideas to different boards, but it's all good now.

We're setting the status of this one as "not right now", but that doesn't mean that your votes don't count.

Cheers!

Comments
jmo333
Cancelled my premium subscription months ago and am sticking with Apple Music because of this.
ryanyaskow

I feel like the discussions surrounding this feature must be carried out by people disinterested in curating their own playlists. For people who are just happy to listen to whatever may be coming on and skip songs until they find something they like this feature wouldn't make much of a difference. But for those like myself and others here who actually care about how their playlist and queue sounds on the whole, the lack of ability to readily manipulate what song's on next is quite disappointing.

My suspicion is that the queue system on the whole is built in a way that makes implementing this more difficult than we'd believe. Either that or the developers really don't care to listen to our concerns.

mborsik

No. Spotify, you don't win this. I'll come back to this thread regularly, and demand that you fix it, until either you do it, or your company go bankrupt.

It is broken. Every other competitor implements it correctly. You cannot refute this.

End of discussion. Fix it.

Vanyo
They keep ignoring this and keep treating all of the users requesting this
like we are crazy.

Queue management is a DISASTER in Spotify, and it is even worse in mobile.
FIX IT!
mborsik

Ok folks, I got thinking, and so far, this is the best workaround I came up with:

tmp.jpg

These are two instances of the webplayer arranged vertically in two separate browser windows. On one, you always have your Queue open, and on the other, you can freely browse your playlists, search, whatever. The good news is: drag&drop works between the two windows! So with this setup, you can:

- Queue a song to the end, as you can normally do

- Drag & drop a song from one window to the front, or any position onto the queue

- Easily move a song in a long queue as you can circumvent the buggy and slow scrolling, if you have both of your windows on the Queue view.

HOWEVER: For whatever reason, spotify web player has lost its functionality to select multiple songs. So you cannot add multiple songs to the playlist with drag&drop, and much more irritating, you cannot use ctrl+a + del to clear the queue.

So all in all, it's a working method for PC users, but spotify still manages to screw us. It is what it is, I guess.

mborsik

Ok never mind, there's a big @ss tmp.jpg button right there on the screen, so it is at least a bit better. Now, if only multiple selection would work...

BennyU

Am not happy to be paying Premium prices for software that has not been updated with basic features from what appears to be 2016!!!! Please add the "Add Next" feature to the mobile app, or something like it that just adds music you find to the end of the current queue. How hard can it be after 6 years??? Please listen to your customer base or else you lose subscribers.

"An idea to implement the option to queue tracks both as up next and at the end of the queue has been suggested here, however, while it's interesting, we aren't able to prioritize it at this time."

Is there a reason why this feature has not been added or prioritised? Are you advising customers that "if you try to improve our product, please go elsewhere"? 

BennyU

There is a kind of (half-baked!) workaround on the Spotify App on Android to add songs and albums to your queue while it's playing.... 

1. Create a new playlist called "A-Temp".
  2. Find your song / album.
  3. Add it to the "A-Temp" playlist.
  4. Tap the first song on the playlist to start playing a queue (or you can do this later).
  5. Repeat step 2 and 3 to your fill.
  6. If you carried out step 4. and check the queue, you'll see stuff gets added to the end of it.

Forgive me if this method has already been posted by someone (or hundreds), but thought it'd help anyway, as I'm not happy that such a basic feature that is available from many competitors is not available when paying for what is called "Premium". Loyal customers give their feedback to help make the product better for a reason..... If Spotify carry on like this, then perhaps they better think again.

ProxxiM

I love this feature in Tidal.

Please adopt it.

mo0kie

i stopped using Spotify for this very reason. opted for apple as it was one of ALL other services that offer the function. after a year without a streaming service, I'm in the market again, and i see you STILL haven't fixed this AND you've closed the case. guess  where I'm going next? you have no idea and i hope you're the first to fall when the inevitable consolidation comes.