Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Queue] Queue to Next or Last

Present two options on rightclick, Queue Last and Queue Next. Very easy to implement, and useful. 

The way I been using spotty lately is to keep adding to Play Queue, it has gotten really long and sometimes I want to listen to something right now, then I have to add to queue and then move the songs all the way up to the top.

Mediamonkey have had this implemented since long ago. Mediamonkey is btw the best musicorganizer I've ever owned or tried. 

Updated on 2023-03-28

Hey there,

Thanks for this submission. We had a slight hiccup with moving ideas to different boards, but it's all good now.

We're setting the status of this one as "not right now", but that doesn't mean that your votes don't count.

Cheers!

Comments
Ysalamiri

2022 and it's still literally impossible to queue full albums. Spotify's response? "This is how a queue works"

It's absolutely NOT how a queue works. If they really thinks that, every single Spotify employee skips queues like an a-hole at grocery stores and theme parks, thinking jumping immediately to the front is "how a queue works".

MadmanOnWheels

This idea makes sense. That's why it was closed.

Maddogmetro

This is such a simple and important feature - I am stunned that, not only was it not implemented already, but Spotify has just ignored and dismissed all the calls for it to be implemented.

All other music streaming services (Apple, Deezer, etc) have this feature.

It beggars belief that Spotify won't include it. 

jmo333
This is why I canceled my Premium account.
bonbonsnook

It seems like this would be a great candidate for a simple addition to the Preferences. Minimal impact on the development team, and would make people happy to have the option to switch between "Add next in queue" or "Add last in queue". I don't understand how Spotify's internal test groups would have revealed that this wouldn't be a feature worth adding. I can see if it increased the complexity of each queue add due to another interface element, but if it's done in the Preferences it simplifies it while still giving some power to the people.

C'mon Spotify, it's an easy change!

JacksonCampbell
It's not just about next or last constantly but the ability to choose each
time when queueing.
GodsLonelyMan

Can we have this feature back, pretty please?!

hotzeplotz

I have to say this is the one, braindead, aspect of Spotify that keeps me looking for other streaming services.  Why on earth enqueuing has to work in such a seemingly-inconsistent and counterintuitive way is beyond me...  What on earth is wrong with "add to end of queue" and/or "play next"?

Vanyo
If at least they would explain why it is so hard to do instead of
dismissing it every time.
And, have you noticed how difficult it is to select, say, 12 files and move
them to the top of the queue, even on the PC? Drives me nuts.

Yoshim3to

There should be an option for adding a song to play directly next in your current queue, along with the button for adding a song to the end of the queue.

I've had a situation multiple times where a friend gives me a song to play next (I am the only one in my friend group with Premium) after I have already added several songs to the queue, and I want to add their song after the current one while maintaining the rest of the queue. This would be much more user-friendly than having to remember what songs you put in the queue, skip to the song that you want to play, and then re-add the rest of the songs that were previously in the queue (this is what I have been doing to circumvent the issue).

--PS: The feature should be added to all platforms, but I have labelled it as Android because that is the platform that the aforementioned situation occurs most often on.