[Queue] Shuffle queued Tracks

It would be useful if the shuffle button would also changed the order of queued songs too.

I like to randomly add songs/albums to a playlist of songs I want to hear now but it's annoying shuffle is ignored when you add songs in this manner and having to create a playlist just to shuffel negates the point of a queue system.

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-15

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
mandrewnz
Casual Listener

how is this not already a feature?

Spotify
Spotify
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it

2014-11-14

Hey folks. Spotify Community team here. We've passed this on and we're ready to mark it as a good idea. 

Keep leaving your kudos and comments and we'll keep ensuring it goes to the right teams. Thanks for the feedback everyone!

WaxwingSlain
Music Fan

The entire Shuffle feature is one of the worst parts of Spotify.  Music players have shuffled randomly for decades.  Why is it so hard for Spotify?

Why not be honest with your customers?

keburnell

I was surprised this wasn't already implemented.  Please make it so.

Loma

3 years man, 3 years....

nemauen

Weird this hasn't been done yet - get to it Spotify!

It is however, possible to get it done - just add the albums/songs to a random playlist, clear your queue and then shuffle play the playlist, it'll create a random generated play queue based on the playlist.

An annoying workaround, though.

Jweymarn

Come on Spotify. Your users that pay for your service have waited for years for proper SHUFFLE!?!? 

I just spent 10 minutes with the Windows client trying to shuffle a queue. Not possible. WTF!? If I turn it into a playlist? Not possible! Double WTF! 

Machiventa
Casual Listener

Good idea? It's completely ridiculous this isn't a basic feature. 

markanthony

Want

raffomania

A suggestion: don't really shuffle the play queue, just jump to a random location in the queue (like when playing a playlist in shuffle mode). This way, the shuffle button would work consistently across the app.