Queue Threading

I love the ability to have a queue to add songs to. I'd really love to be able to see and manipulate the queue to either remove or reorder songs, but even more importantly, I think a queue threading option would be great.

Imagine I'm listening to something mellow like Jack Johnson and I decide I'd like to switch to something more up-tempo and energetic, so I queue up my favorite song from Avicii. When the queue finishes, I get threaded back into the the JJ playlist I was listening to before instead of the next Avicii song that I'd probably rather hear. I can see arguments for both modes, so I'd like to see the queue button split into two buttons, one for "Queue in" and one for "Queue out" or maybe "Queue" and "Threaded Queue." This way I could Thread into a playlist just as easily as I could queue up one particular song.

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Marked as new idea. This idea requests to queue a song from a different playlist and continue playing that playlist after the song is finished. So basically the "Choose as current playlist" option from the right-click menu, just with the ability to choose the starting song.

icer

I really-really-really miss the opportunity to remove, and secondly reorganize, songs in the "shuffle queue". Sometimes you have songs you just don't want to hear at that given time without having to be ready to skip it.

I use to check the queue to see if I'll be getting a nice lineup, but very oftenly it will be interrupted by a song wich is just wrong at that time...

Thank you...

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!