Announcements

Having trouble seeing your Wrapped stories? To fix this, update the Spotify app to the latest version.

Find more info on our community FAQ.

Quick Add to Playlist Radio

I've seen several requests for these two things:

1) Ability to quickly add the current song to a play list

2) Ability to prevent adding duplicates to a play list

Why not add combine these two into one simple feature? A control, perhaps a green "+" symbol next the the share icon, that is displayed  ONLY when a radio song currently playing is not in the associated playlist. If the "+" is clicked, the song would be added to the playlist, and the "+" would hide or be disabled until another song not in the associated playlist was encountered.

This wouldn't entirely prevent duplicates from being added the existing long way (because one might actually desire that feature ... I can't guess why), but it would be readily obvious to the user whether or not that track already exists in the playlist, and would make it easy to add if it didn't.

In the event that there is more that one associated playlist, maybe the "+" is shown ONLY if the track is missing from any of the associated playlists, and then when clicked, user is presented with a popup list of only those playlist where they can check off which playlists to add the track to. 

Update: This idea has been submitted again here.

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted over 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again!

Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Peter__
Nullcat

Yea, not really a duplicate of  http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/if-a-song-is-in-my-playlists/idi-p/189710 Yes, it does address preventing duplicates but the similarity ends there. It also addresses being able to quickly add the current playing track to a playlist without having to trudge through playlists and popup menus to check for duplicates, and then again to add if desired. All that trudgery is done automatically, and summarized with one small control that can be accessed off the nice play view in the bottom left corner of the desktop app, or the play view of the mobile app, next to the share icon (not the share icons in the play-lists ... the whole point of this suggestion is to avoid going through play-lists and popups for this purpose in the first place).

control.jpg

Peter__

The issue with that is, what happens if the radio is not associated with a playlist? 

Peter

Nullcat

Not much of an issue, no play list, no "+" is shown.

If you're just playing the radio with no associated play list, then the notion of easily adding the current song to your playlist doesn't even make sense ... so no "+" shown.

Peter__
Status changed to: New Idea

Peter__

I'm going to move this back to a "New Idea" since after clarification this is bit different and I in fact really like it! 

Kudos from me, and sorry for needing the clarification to get my head around this one. Kudos to you and your idea!

You might want to edit the idea title to include the keyword radio to make it easier to find, since this appears to be mainly based around the radio functionality.

Peter

Marco

I kinda like that idea!

However it shouldn't be limited to only Radio.

If you play a song from an artist/album/app page it could be displayed too, as long as that symbol is linked to a certain playlist.

Marco
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea has been submitted again here.

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted over 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again!

Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!