[Radio] An actual Spotify radio station please

I have an idea where there can be an actual Spotify live radio station. I think this would be cool because we be able to discover new music but I also like listening the radio whilst doing homework etc. 

It would be cool if the listener could request music to be played so it could be like a listener recommendations. 

It it could a mixture of podcast and music formed into one MAGICAL experience. Get the best of both worlds!

(Ps: if you implement it, hire me!)

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2019-10-23

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will have to close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been rejected by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea again, in a slightly different form! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of the community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 23
Rock Star 23
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-10-25

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

user-removed
Not applicable

Sounds like a regular radio station to me. You can call them to request songs, etc

break14

I'm interested in a set of stations similar to XM. I listen to them in my car and at home. I like the themes and content. Not really looking for DJ talk etc. Just pick a theme station and listen. Maybe Spotify already has this and i am not aware? It just makes it easy to put on without picking a playlist or creating one. I believe XM keeps updating and refreshing them? Examples for me are Classic Vinyl, The Bridge, Tom Petty, Yacht Rock Radio and of course some of the business channels eg; CNBC, Bloomberg.(although they have way too many commercials)

A few months late, but really like this idea! Feature parity with Beats1 would be ideal (on demand replay of radio shows, live DJ interviews/shows)

Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2019-10-23

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will have to close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been rejected by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea again, in a slightly different form! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of the community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!