[Radio] Developing a Broadcast application - same than the Grooveshark.com one

Hi, 

As a former user of Grooveshark, I was really pleased by the applications and functionalities developed by the website and that helped to build a real community of listeners. To be honnest, Spotify is quite far from that aspect, and in my opinion missing a lot of traffic. 

Grooveshark launched a 'broadcast' system that allows people to create webradios (like a DJ) : other members can join that live playlist (so it means that if I'm changing the song list, of deleting a song, etc, the listeners will listen the same thing than I do). 

Listeners have the possbility to suggest songs, and Broadcaster can preview these songs and eventually decide to include them, or not, in the final playlist. 

Of course, a chat was also included to the broadcasting system so the broadcaster can interact with the members of his/her broadcast. 

Main advantages of the broadcasting system : 

- Maximizing interactions between members : Spotify is no longer a tool that only aims at listening to music, but a virtual room that allows dialogue

- Increasing members loyalty as well than overall traffic

- The 'content' creation will not be only handled by the Spotify team, broadcasters clearly take part in managing and displaying playlist : the link with Spotify as a brand would be clearly stronger

To be honnest, I am quite surprised this system was not duplicated so far. 

Thanks for taking this into consideration !

Amber

01_Grooveshark_Broadcast_Listener.png

Updated on 2018-12-02

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in slightly different again :)

Have a nice day!

Luke

Comments
tolgapaksoy

I would very much love this. The only reason I was using Grooveshark, where these "community driven" radio stations.

twdll
Regular

Yes, I totally agree that Spotify should work more to include more ideas like this. Grooveshark was the best so far, Spotify should take a look at this. 

ambrouille69
Casual Listener

I saw on post saying that Spotify should have hired Grooveshark developers, and I totally agrea ! There are so many thread about this, and I really don't get why Spotify is not answering to that need. 

Hurry up guys, because some applications like jqbx.fm allows the broadcasting on spotify (btw, you could simply buy them and include this service into the native application ^^)

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-01-04

Marked as new idea.

Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2018-12-02

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in slightly different again :)

Have a nice day!

Luke