[Radio] Radio Station with multiple Artists

The Artist radio function is brilliant but I would like to be able to create a radio station based on more than one artist. For example now I am listening to a station based on The Lumineers and is starting to get a bit tired of slow folk pop songs. But if I could add some Foo Fighters related songs to that mix the radio station would become much better. 

And once this radio station has been created and I have clicked the thumbs up and thumbs down a number of times to make the station even more perfect I would like to save that radio station so I can listen to it again without having to create it once more. 

Updated on 2017-11-10

Hey everyone, we're going to mark this idea as 'Case Closed' today. While this has been a live idea since 2012 it has always been marked as 'Not Right Now'--and we want to be more transparent about the likelihood this will be built. We believe users can easily achieve this by creating a playlist of the multiple artists you'd like to base a Radio station on. Just go to the playlist, add two or more songs (one from each artist you'd like) and then select Go to Playlist Radio.

Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 1.05.57 PM.png

Related Ideas

Comments
Darkkhelmet

I've been using Pandora for years and just started the Spotify premium trial period.  The reason is that Pandora no longer works properly on my Android device in conjunction with my car audio system.  Anyway, I was hoping to find the elagance of Pandora with added features on Spotify. Unfortunatly the feature that Pandora does best and is most appealing to me is totally missing from Spotify. Mikell summed it up perfectly in his opening comment and it seems simple to me.  I want the ability to create and name my own radio station and add artists and songs to it to seed the selections Spotify makes for the type of music I want to listen to or mix.

If there is no mention of adding this feature by the time my trial is over I  will be canceling Spotify.

Burdmanaudio
Thanks. However I disagree on Pandora Premium. Sound quality blows.
Darkkhelmet

I agree, Pandora has poor sound quality but for me the introduction of similar types of music and artists from a seed makes up for it. Spotify has a much higher sampling rate but music choices are like riding on a rail while Pandora is more like skiing down a slope.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2017-11-10

Hey everyone, we're going to mark this idea as 'Case Closed' today. While this has been a live idea since 2012 it has always been marked as 'Not Right Now'--and we want to be more transparent about the likelihood this will be built. We believe users can easily achieve this by creating a playlist of the multiple artists you'd like to base a Radio station on. Just go to the playlist, add two or more songs (one from each artist you'd like) and then select Go to Playlist Radio.

Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 1.05.57 PM.png