[Radio] Spotify Radio - New Songs Only

If I listen to radio based off one of my playlists, let me prevent songs from that playlist from showing up in radio.

Sometimes I'm just looking for new music, and if I have a playlist of ~100 songs the radio will assuredly have at least half of them.

Updated on 2021-03-22

Thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community!

Your suggestion didn’t quite reach 180 votes in 6 months. Users can still vote on this idea - if it gets enough votes, Spotify will still check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

Comments
osornios
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-04-23

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

robert_joy
Gig Goer

Also this function should be available as a 'new songs only' radio or even a 'discover radio' that leverages the discover weekly algorithm but of course with more than 30 songs.

dwilley8
Visitor

Spotify, please listen to this idea instead of declining it and making it inactive. One of my favorite things to do is discover new music and it is a lot harder to do now than it was before. I loved the old radio where I could find a lot of new music. Or at least make the Discover weekly playlist reloadable if you keep scrolling up like on some other playlist features. Or the idea that dogbaz said in the original inactive posts about this to have a discovery mode toggle switch to have the Radio feature play more songs that we might like but don't already have liked or on a playlist. 

Thank you.

Jacob
Community Legend
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-03-22

Thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community!

Your suggestion didn’t quite reach 180 votes in 6 months. Users can still vote on this idea - if it gets enough votes, Spotify will still check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

sean_n

When I am looking for new songs, a technique I like to use is create a small playlist of the most recent songs that I like and create a playlist radio off of it. However, the radio station created tends to be filled up with songs that I have already heard and very few new songs are pitched into the mix. Creating an option, either when creating the radio or on the radio screen itself, to show only songs that have not been liked or are not within the playlist that the radio was created off of would help find new music a lot easier. I have seen this idea pitched in the forums multiple times but has never gained enough traction. Please consider adding this!

drmordin
Visitor

Option to start a radio station on a song/album/artist AND be given only songs you have not already liked. When I start a radio station these days almost half of the songs are ones already on my library. I know that there are the discover playlists, but they are filled with music I have listened to previously/are already marked as liked. At this point I don’t expect the Spotify team to return to form after the noticiable reduction if quality in the service over the last year and change, but it would be nice add this quality a life feature to circumnavigate the poor algorithms currently being used.