Announcements
Current information of our Google Nest Mini Offer can be found here.

Real Internet Radio

I would love it, if Spotify added internet radio etiher as an app or as a build in function. The possibility of having all the music collected in one single app or program, would be awesome. And I am not talking about internet radio as Spotify has it now, where it suggest new songs from the one you are listening to or by genre, but real internet radio, where you can listen to the local radio station in your area or to one of your favorit internet stations in another country.

Updated: 2015-11-17

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Comments

I'd like to add this web radio station URL's http://player.absoluteradio.co.uk/core/radioplayer/a8/?referrer=listenpage because I love 80's music and I think the revolutionary idea of add costumer URL's for radio station is perfect...and suitable for all.

Thank you guys...

As, at least here in Finland, most of the commercial radio ads are unbearably poor and listening to them makes me to skip those stations, I would gladly welcome another type of radio broadcasting. I wonder whether "pay to get rid of ads" - concept would be possible here in a way or another. One alternative would be that Spotify for instance broadened its agenda to include streaming talk and news radio. Another would of course be, that spotify licensed its purchasing method to radio stations.

Tk.its a nice radio station

I would LOVE a TuneIn app integrated with Spotify.

I want a player i can listen to both music, news and podcasta on.

+1 for this idea. Having a single piece of software that allowed me to control my music would be excellent.

Spotify
Spotify
Status changed to: Not Right Now

2015-02-23

Hey folks! Thanks for your kudos and comments around this idea. We're marking this as "Not Right Now" today but please continue to leave your feedback here in the Spotify Ideas Board. We're passing on your comments here at Spotify every week!

Just chiming in that I'd still really be interested in this - even if it was only a paid feature. Has anyone come up with more info or applications since this thread seems to be pretty dead.

Casual Listener

I am also very interested in such a feature! Would be great and i wouldnt need any other media player then.

Regular

HI all,

this would be awsome,

I would roll out in following roadmap order.

First step: Dumb radio station capabilites:

Give the apps (Deksopt and Mobile ) the possiblity to add the URL's towards the internet radio's availalbe on the internet right now

and act as a dumb internet radio app

2nd step:  Smart Internet radio capabilities 

Make the internet radio feature content aware, so spotify would recognize the songs playing on the internet radio stations so you can favorite / save or add them to a playlist of your choice.

3rd step: make it interactive for skipping ads and unwanted music: 

able to ignore songs and let it auotmatically play another song that' sounds the same or is a song based on the previous song that was playing on the internet radio instead.

This aslo includes recognizing ads and be able to replace it by one of your own songs automatically for the prenium users

4the step :  the free users capabilites and ad handling 

give them the dumb radio station capability and recognize the ads playing on the internet radio's as a real life pop up add ( to provide spotify some income)