Release notes when Spotify is updated

Please add release notes when Spotify for desktop is updated. How can we know which features are added, removed or fixed when Spotify tells us we need to restart? The iOS version provides release notes for each release, hopefully this can be added to the desktop version as well.

Updated on 2019-01-16

Hey folks, previously we had desktop release notes in the Spotify Community boards. Those are no longer active today, but if you would like to see release notes you can vote on this idea here: [All Platforms] Changelog after each Update (In-App).

Please know we are actively bringing your votes and comments in the exchange to our internal teams on a regular basis. Thank you for coming to our Idea Exchange with your thoughts on Spotify.

Comments
HolyShadow

Couldn't agree more.

nikee93
Music Fan

Agreed! You don't hear anything from the developer team. I would gladly like to see what they are doing for us!

jhoelzl
Casual Listener

please add release notes!!

jaknudsen
Gig Goer

@nikee93 We hear from them every time the iOS version is updated. That makes the "silent" updates for the desktop even more strange.

LSCare
Casual Listener
Quite happily see this in an update... Transparency is good!
Spanish4Life
Regular

Wow, so good!

Richard
Roadie

Would it help if we also posted the changelogs somewhere in the Community for you to see? Would people read it? Your feedback, please. 

jaknudsen
Gig Goer

@Richard Thanks for the reply! I would prefer changelogs in the application itself, or at least a direct link to the web page containing the changelogs.

neo-x
Community Legend

@Richard, Change log + Release notes could be pinned to the main screen and while at it, add info of the versions - Whats the current version and what is the newest beta + instructions to it (for example ICS issues).

user-removed
Not applicable

Change log in new Spotify version for Windows:

- Bug fixes

- Ability to play (Playlist) Radio by choosing any Playlist you like or have. Songs will be played related to playlist

- In Edit - Preferences option to Enable/Disable Spotify to be started from the web

Maybe more. The info is from me, just tried Spotify from start to finish.