Remote control in built app

Hi,

Not sure if this idea has been mentioned before but, I think it would be a great idea if Spotify could implement a remote control built in to the app and have it as apart of the free or premium features, so you could play Spotify on your computer and control it on your tablet device like an ipad, or on a moblie device.

I have notice similar ideas have been suggested, but if this gets some support it could give Spotify that extra boost above other competers.

Please Kudos my idea if you want to see this in Spotify.

As mentioned, a similar idea has also been suggested here:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Spotify-Connect-For-Desktop-Apps/idi-p/689688

Add your kudos and comments there please! ;)

0 Likes
Comments
Merik
Community Legend

It's coming! :) - Spotify Connect

Deano10101
Music Fan

My idea is different to Spotify connect as Spotify connect only allows you to use Spotify as a remote control, as long as that speaker has built in wi fi. My idea suggests that you can use Spotify as remote through the Spotify app, without needing a Wifi enabled speaker.  For example you might have Spotify open on your computer and might you have the app open on your mobile device as well and you want to be able to control Spotify away from your computer, so you don't have sit at your computer all the time to change tracks. Rdio already has this feature enabled as part of their premium services, and I think it would great if Spotify could implement it and make the feature better than other music streaming services.

Rock Star 10
Rock Star 10

@Merik is correct, this is going to be part of Spotify Connect. The desktop connectivity just hasn't been released yet. In the meantime, please check out this thread for more info and to add kudos or comments.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Duplicate

As mentioned, a similar idea has also been suggested here:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Spotify-Connect-For-Desktop-Apps/idi-p/689688

Add your kudos and comments there please! ;)