Remote controls for Spotify Connect in Android

Hey there.

Thanks for app I use every day with my Pioneer SMA 1 Spotify speaker. I think the remote app is ok, but Netflix made it better for my Smart TV.

Screenshot_2014-02-16-15-09-10.png

This is Netflix remote app, it's additional to Netflix. You can keep it open all the time on your phone, even if display off. After opening it you see again this view without need to set your password to phone!!! Very useful, it's like how remote should work on smartphone!!!

Simple stuff like tracklist from release with button, star button, play, pause, big cover image and Now playing from My speaker etc. Would be good to have thanks.

Please make the same to Spotify!

Thanks in advance.

Hi!

Your idea has been submitted over 1 year ago but unfortunately has not received enough Kudos.

To keep track of all the active ideas in this section, I will close this now.

If you wish for this to still be considered, I encourage you to resubmit your idea, as maybe now people will come across it and like the idea.

Anthony :)

0 Likes
Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28

Hey Jiri!

You know how it's working in the idea exchange. A general request (make something better) or make the app same as another company's product just can't be managed in the ideas exchange (kudos/status).

So please choose only 1 feature request that should change for Spotify Connect and describe it in detail.

It would be great, if you could edit your idea to match that criteria, otherwise the only status it could receive is "Unspecified".

user-removed
Not applicable

I have suggested it already, better remote app for Spotify.

The remote like in Netflix when it opens also when you close your phone. In Spotify you need to open your phone fully, Netflix will be available even if your phone is locked (when you open it, you see Netflix remote without need to set your pincode to open it fully) :)

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28

You mean, when playing via Spotify Connect, you should get special controls on the lockscreen of the smartphone?

If so, please edit your idea (& title) to make that clear, thanks! :)

user-removed
Not applicable

Yes I mean that. Because I love Connect and in Netflix it's better because I can see a big thing like in picture about movie I play. I like this view because I can close app from that and when I open it, I can see this viewright away WITHOUT need to open phone fully (eg. typing password and opening Spotify).

I know I have a remote with my Pioneer device, but phone as remote and good Now playing view would be better.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Taylor
Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Hi!

Your idea has been submitted over 1 year ago but unfortunately has not received enough Kudos.

To keep track of all the active ideas in this section, I will close this now.

If you wish for this to still be considered, I encourage you to resubmit your idea, as maybe now people will come across it and like the idea.

Anthony :)