Remove Duplicates within the Playlist

We should be able to right click a playlist and have the option to delete duplicates of songs added etc without having to go looking through that playlist to delete all the duplicates ?

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15
Status changed to: New Idea

Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21

You may also be interested in this idea about preventing duplicates in playlists.

__maze__

good idea (Y)

Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Not Right Now

2015-02-20

We're marking this idea as "not right now" but we definitely want your continued feedback around this topic. Any updates we have regarding duplicate songs in playlists will be posted here first. Thanks again everyone for using the Ideas board for your Spotify feedback. 

shizuko193

I do think this is  a good idea, however, there should be a notification or selection box of what is and isn't to be deleted. 

There are times when I add a track more than once so that there is a higher probability of it being played.

paulwilkinson10
Great idea and I cannot believe such a feature is not available!
mariamandlis

+1 to this feature

I think earlier when I was adding the song for the second time to the same playlist, I would get a message "this song is already in that playlist", but it is no longer the behavior unfortunately.

AndyRozman

Hi !

It seems that implementation that prevents duplicates is not working 100% (anymore). So this feature would be very welcome.

I own playlist for about 2 years now and this month I tried to update it (by adding some new entries from already existing artists and some new). When I added already existing song it was added. But when I tried to add that song again, I got "duplicates warning". So as you see it is working for new entries, but somehow ignores old ones. This is happening on Desktop application for Mac.

Andy

comtedescierges

Honestly how many people need to keep requesting this feature before Spotify ACTUALLY take action??!?? What on earth do their dev team do all day? Been next to no issues addressed over the last few years I have been using it. Still don't even have a way to instantly delete the track playing from a playlist on mobile ...instead they expect us to trawl through thousands of tracks in aplayliust to locate and delete it manually. Get your act together Spotify FFS!.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!