Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Remove Facebook from a Facebook created Account

I have noticed an increase in posts recently relating to people who wish to deactivate their Facebook accounts, but if they do so they will also loose access to their Spotify account, since it was created using their Facebook details. 

There should be an easy way to change your Spotify account, from a Spotify account which is tied to Facebook, to a Spotify (email only) account without the need to go through the quite long process outlined in my tutorial here

This relates quite closely to being able to change your username idea, but I think this is different issue!

Please please please implement this!

Peter

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments

Seriously, this is unbelievably annoying to have to cancel my account, follow a contact link that doesn't work to ask that you free up my current email address for my "new" Spotify account, then have to use another (not directed accurately) link to ask you to migrate my playlists over. If I was using a free service, I would be less annoyed, but I pay for Spotify and there should be an easy option to disconnect your account from Facebook.

jonatan2

I spent way too long trying to figure out how to solve my facebook / spotify problem.

I desactivated my facebook about month ago, obviously forgot i created my spotify account through facebook 😕

Now i cannot log in to my premium account even though im still paying for it.

Can someone please help and tell me how to move my old premium subscription into a new account?

I hope it makes sense, thanks alot!

( i send few emails within last couple of weeks, no reply so far )

>From my understanding, you have to cancel your previous account and register a new one that is not associated to your Facebook - that is the only way around it. I'm in the same boat as you - completely annoyed and frustrated. However, I had to reactivate my Facebook account for work, so I'm stuck with social media. 🙂
jonatan2
Thanks for your answer, the thing is I cannot even log into my old Facebook account as it's deleted! Haha ( desperation laughter)
Facebook accounts are never really gone. If you use your broswer, visit Spotify.com and enter your Facebook login credentials, it should work. If not, log into Facebook long enough to get access to spotify to cancel. Then deactivate your Facebook again. It's silly, I know, but its the only way to utilize the Spotify service you're paying for.
jonatan2

Big thanks for your comments!

it's been another week and i still didn't resolve my problem...

of course have been charged for another month of using spotiy,  though i can't use it !

My facebook account has been deleted permanently in November, so its impossible to log in and cancel my spotify.

Auto msg from Facebook  ( yes it is possible to delete FB permanently )

We have received a request to permanently delete your account. Your account has been deactivated from the site and will be permanently deleted within 14 days.

still not possible? this is insane.

jonatan2
Still didn't sort this out! Have you got same problem?
is there anyone here who actually works at Spotify?
22scyfsl3forjhx
My email only shows up on my Facebook account it does not show up on Spotify any solutions so I can change my device password
meahtenoha
Status changed to: Not Right Now
Updated: 2016-04-21

Hey everyone, thanks for continuing to bring us your kudos and comments here. 

We're still unable to implement this idea for quite a few reasons. 

If you have to log into Spotify with your Facebook email and password, but don’t want to (or can’t because you’ve deactivated your Facebook account), here’s what you can do:

1. You’ll need to create another account here. You can also upgrade to Premium.

If you want to use the same email address now associated with your current account, you’ll need to reach out to us here to release the address for you to use.

2. Contact us to move the playlists, collected songs and albums, and followers of your current account to your new one.
  3. If your current account is on a Premium subscription, cancel it here to stop paying for it.
  4. Log into your new (yet familiar) account!