Announcements

Remove Recommended Artists section from Your Library

Recommendations are cluttering up and ruining the Artists and Albums tabs.

Currently we can choose what shows up in these tabs by selectively following artists and liking albums. I think this is a great way to filter out artists that only have one song that I like.

But then there is the "Recommended" section...

which recommends I follow every artist that I've liked a song by. So, in effect, my Artists tab is exactly the same as it was before, but now it's not even organized alphabetically. Currently my Artists tab has 48 followed artists and well over 1000 recommended artists. The same problem exists on the Albums tab.

Simple solution, get rid of the "Recommended" section. Let ME choose what shows up in my Artists and Albums tabs.

My current artists tab. Notice that the "Recommended" section begins when the scrollbar is only ~5% down the page. Way too many recommended artists.My current artists tab. Notice that the "Recommended" section begins when the scrollbar is only ~5% down the page. Way too many recommended artists.

Updated on 2020-07-14

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion!

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here.

Comments
natalielawrence
Casual Listener

YES! I hardly ever follow artists, but I frequently go into "artists" and play only the songs I've liked by them rather than their whole page. This new update has made it IMPOSSIBLE to find what I'm looking for, since it's just an unorganized clutter of artists I've liked even only one or two songs of, and making it a "where's waldo" game of finding what I'm looking for 😕

user-removed
Not applicable

Such a simple and obvious UX issue, it needs probably 17 years to fix it because there are more important things like animated album covers.

Guido
Spotify Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-09-03

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea--we've also updated the title to clarify what you're requesting for other users.

Here's a simililar idea you might be interested in:

[Your Music] Sort option for recommended artists in "Your Library"

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

Jira5
Visitor

I agree with this. I save a LOT of albums and if an artist's name starts with a "y" or something further down i have to throw the screen to get to them and it would make it much easier if there weren't a bunch of extra options that i don't intend to save cluttering up the list. What makes this even more confusing is the fact that in playlists it is an option to toggle the recommended and I don't at all understand why this can't be implemented into the rest of the app. It doesn't have to necessarily be taken away but at least a toggle option would be greatly appreciated. 

hglevine
Visitor

This can't possibly be a "new idea" as Spotify claims. The constant adding of "recommended artists" just because one was played, or even one song by one artist, is truly annoying and cluttering, and that must have been obvious the day it was introduced. Please finally take this old idea and implement it. Really! Come on. It's a civilized and sensible option for Spotify users to be able to at least delete the unwanted "recommendations."  Thank you. 

konohasaiyajin
Visitor

At least separate the recommended ones out or sort them alphabetically or something. It's a mess in my Tesla.

AeliasPoncho
Casual Listener

I agree with this idea. The point of the library is to show what I've added, keep your suggestions out of this area.

brooks29
Regular

It looks like this issue has been somewhat addressed on the latest version (at least for desktop / Android). While the recommended section is not gone, the scroll bar now naturally stops at the end of the saved artists/albums. It even has a letter next to it which makes it easier to navigate. This alone is a HUGE improvement and satisfies my main concern although I don't know how it will work across all UIs in different cars, etc.

Screenshot_20200616-143904_2.png

Luan
Rock Star 13
Rock Star 13
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2020-07-14

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion!

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here.

Related Ideas