Announcements

Remove anti-science, anti-social, anti-public health self-promoters

I love(d) Spotify. I listen(ed) to it all the time. 

Now I don't. And I won't until you stop giving Joe Rogan a platform to enrich himself as he spreads dangerous, unfounded, uninformed claims and disinformation. His program is not just loaded with ideas that I simply disagree with or find objectionable.  The nonsense he spreads on the platform you give him is causing real harm to individuals and communities. Sadly, many if not most of these "followers" think they're part of some enlightened, patriotic band of bothers who believe they're in tune with our founders' real idea if liberty and freedom. They have no interest in real science, and no understanding of our the core principle of the "common good" woven throughout The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution. Protecting citizens from harm – primarily at the hands of other citizens – is the key underpinning of all laws, right down to traffic laws. Everyone should be free to do what they want as long as it can't cause harm to others. If you want total freedom without accepting the adult citizen responsibility that comes with it, great. Stay on your own little patch of juvenile heaven. Join society when you're ready to do the things that can't harm anyone around you.

My subscription is canceled and my usage (along with exposure to paid ads) is ended until I read that Spotify made the ethical and socially responsible decision to drop Rogan. 

I'll keep my eyes peeled. Bye-bye till then.

Updated on 2022-02-08

Hey @rweller72

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange!

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely point 7: “No pricing, subscription or content related requests.”

Thanks for understanding.

Comments
Novy
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2022-02-08

Hey @rweller72

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange!

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely point 7: “No pricing, subscription or content related requests.”

Thanks for understanding.

Env: prod