Replace shuffle mode for Spotify free on mobile with an album or track limit

As a Spotify free user, I find it incredibly annoying that on mobile or iPod I can only listen in shuffle mode. (For example, If I want to listen to a whole album, or even a few tracks of my choice through my stereo from my phone or iPod, I cannot do so.)

I propose that instead of forcing mobile users to listen in Shuffle Mode, there is a limit on the amount of music one is allowed to listen to e.g. a maximum of one album every 3 hours, or a limit on the number of tracks or even a time limit. Any of these would be preferable to Shuffle Mode.

This would greatly improve users' opinions of Spofify mobile and Spotify's popularity whilst still limiting mobile users which means there will still be an incentive to upgrade to Premium. As a free user I am perfectly happy to listen to ads between songs knowing that this is what pays for me to listen to my music, so I believe it's only fair that I should be allowed to choose what songs I listen to.

Updated: 2015-10-30

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Carina
Community Legend

Hello @LordSherbet ,

someone else has already requested a similar idea. Please click on the link below and leave your comments (for example with your limiting requests)/kudos over there to support the idea: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/No-shuffle-required-on-Spotify-Free-Mobile/idi-p/83307... But please keep in mind that there a reasons why free users don't have access to this function.

LordSherbet
Casual Listener

Hi @Carina_,

Thanks for your comment. I did notice that idea, but the wording isn't very clear. I'll post a comment including a link to this idea.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Marked as new idea.

As mentioned, there's also a similar idea about the requirement of shuffle here without a tradeoff though.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea
Updated: 2015-10-30

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!