Announcements

Requests to Join Playlists, Playlist Settings

I would like to have the option to protect my playlists. Very simply, someone would find my playist and instead of being given immediate access, a request would be sent to me first. I would then give that person access or deny them access to my playlist. (Compare it to a Facebook friend request).

The main reason for this is because I want to use Spotify as a teaching tool. As a music educator I think Spotify could be an amazing tool for my students because of the variety and vast amount of songs they can choose from! The problem I'm encountering is that some of my playlists include explicit content that some of my younger students may not have permission to access.

If there is already an answer to this, please point me in the right direction.

Thank you!

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Peter__

If you set your playlists as secret, only people you give the link to (right click > copy spotify uri) will be able to find the playlist and it won't appear on your profile or in the search.

kuntzv1

Thanks Peter. I am aware of this function as this what I currently use. I would prefer not to use this because I do not want to hide my playlists from everyone, only my students who are not allowed to listen to explicit content.

Marco
Status changed to: New Idea

Marked as new idea. This idea requests an option for a playlist to only show the playlist tracks for a person if you, as the author of the playlist, agree to it.

kuntzv1

Yes, thank you

Marco
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!