Revert the font back to the original size (or provide an option to do so)

After the last update the physical gap between each song on the playlist is bigger. This leads to a lot of scrolling, and when you have a few hundred songs in a playlist, it will be a problem.

Before I could see 51 songs on my screen, but now I only see 38.

This is how it looks on my screen:

songs.jpg

It should be optional!

Edit April 2014: It's even worse after the new update. Now only 21 songs show up at the same time.

test.jpg

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hey all,

since that idea has been posted there have been 2-3 major facelifts of the Desktop app.

Therefore this idea will be closed and linked to a more current one that focuses also on wasted space in the current Desktop app:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Desktop-Reduce-wasted-Screen-Space/idi-p/1040477

P.S: You can also Zoom out now, to decrease the font size.

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

To make it clear: This idea requests the padding (extra space above and below the text in a line) and the font size to revert back to the way it was before version 0.9.0, or to even provide an option in the settings to adjust them manually.
keksas

Agreed, font is just too huge for me, I think people would love to have an option to adjust font size just for them, some may like it smaller, some may like it bigger.

jasonbarone

@multi basically summed it all up. Another step back for Spotify. Why not make font sizes an option?

All the reasons I stayed with Spotify instead of moving to MOG or Rdio are starting to diminish with every update.

Tarindel

The problem isn't so much the font size as the enormous amount of padding/whitespace around each of the elements.

The new interface is way less usable than the old one because I now have to scroll a lot more to do the things I want.

I think I may downgrade to an older version until they allow us to adjust the line spacing.

Thevstad
Music Fan

It's even worse when on a small laptop. This screenshot is from my 13' macbook. There's room for only 16 songs. Would it be so hard just to provide an option to adjust the font size?

Skjermbilde 2014-11-23 kl. 13.36.54.png

tamyr37
Regular

There seems to have been a recent update (mid Jan. 2018) that doubled the font size shown on high DPI displays on Windows 10. Please return to the smaller font size (or provide an option to adjust it). The new size has much wasted space between the songs in the playlist and now requires very frequent scrolling.

Ideally the size should match the size of the desktop icon text and other system text.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hey all,

since that idea has been posted there have been 2-3 major facelifts of the Desktop app.

Therefore this idea will be closed and linked to a more current one that focuses also on wasted space in the current Desktop app:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Desktop-Reduce-wasted-Screen-Space/idi-p/1040477

P.S: You can also Zoom out now, to decrease the font size.