Revert the font back to the original size (or provide an option to do so)

After the last update the physical gap between each song on the playlist is bigger. This leads to a lot of scrolling, and when you have a few hundred songs in a playlist, it will be a problem.

Before I could see 51 songs on my screen, but now I only see 38.

This is how it looks on my screen:

songs.jpg

It should be optional!

Edit April 2014: It's even worse after the new update. Now only 21 songs show up at the same time.

test.jpg

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hey all,

since that idea has been posted there have been 2-3 major facelifts of the Desktop app.

Therefore this idea will be closed and linked to a more current one that focuses also on wasted space in the current Desktop app:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Desktop-Reduce-wasted-Screen-Space/idi-p/1040477

P.S: You can also Zoom out now, to decrease the font size.

Related Ideas

Comments
Thevstad
Music Fan

It's even worse when on a small laptop. This screenshot is from my 13' macbook. There's room for only 16 songs. Would it be so hard just to provide an option to adjust the font size?

Skjermbilde 2014-11-23 kl. 13.36.54.png

oldschoolsquare
Roadie

Would really like the option to choose the font size. 

marcup

agreeing to this, especially not happy with added spacing (case of: "if it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is"), 

I gave it a try, expecting to get used to this, but reality is that latest UI updates are gradually decreasing usability and satisfaction-of-use for me:

- playlists are less easy to browse, because of increased spacing, less will fit on screen 

- harder to see what the latest added tracks are because indicators are now removed and ordering on "added" date seems less easy

- I personally order my playlists by hand so the latest additions show up in playlist artwork, added spacing makes dragging tracks from bottom to top far more tedious in long playlists

please stop breaking my User Experience, or at least offer font-size / spacing setting

alexfarr
Casual Listener

I've found it has gotten even worse recently. I'm on a 1440p monitor and disabling high DPI scaling does nothing. This looks utterly ridiculous on a larger screen, where before I could have Spotify take up a portion of the screen now it needs more room.

Untitled-1.png2nd March 2017 [before update]

Untitled-2.png9th March 2017 [after update]

Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2017-06-16

Hello everyone. A couple years ago, we gave Spotify a major facelift by launching the best-looking Spotify ever. Our design makes accessing your favorite music smoother than ever before. Our goal was the let content pop, including on the Search page. Right now we don't have plans to change the font size or provide an option to do so. However we're coming to this thread and reading your feedback. We'll let you know if we have any font changes planned in the future, thanks!

Unradelic
Music Fan

I request to reopen the thread and give us back an option for MANY functions we have now been YEARS missing.

Please read, https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Remove-embed-GUI-and-go-C/idi-p/1568765

Denial94
Roadie

@meahtenoha stop bullsh!t dude.

836 votes - still "Not right now" 

I'm paying for this sh!t and I can't even enjoy when I can see only 15 tracks on my screen when i was able to see 40 in old spotify.

We are paying for spotify so do what we want!

kk2222

Hi:

Not giving people an option to change the font size to suit personal preference goes beyond that into the realm of impacting the sight impaired. The font is TOO SMALL. It is unreadable. The only conclusion a user can infer is the arrogance of the designers, who seem not to understand the principal of form following function.

tamyr37
Regular

There seems to have been a recent update (mid Jan. 2018) that doubled the font size shown on high DPI displays on Windows 10. Please return to the smaller font size (or provide an option to adjust it). The new size has much wasted space between the songs in the playlist and now requires very frequent scrolling.

Ideally the size should match the size of the desktop icon text and other system text.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hey all,

since that idea has been posted there have been 2-3 major facelifts of the Desktop app.

Therefore this idea will be closed and linked to a more current one that focuses also on wasted space in the current Desktop app:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Desktop-Reduce-wasted-Screen-Space/idi-p/1040477

P.S: You can also Zoom out now, to decrease the font size.