[Roku][NOW] Bring Spotify back to Roku ASAP

I recently upgrade my 4 roku boxes to the new ones because they are the only kit that let me have NowTV, Amazon prime video, Netflix & Spotify on one box. Now I have to invest in new equipment just so I can access Spotify on my TV. The first app was great, then playlists got removed which was annoying but I could still access all the music. Continued use of the existing app would be great until a new solution is found!

Updated on 2018-01-16

Hey @Jspeed1911 @Bw10 @Jeffsey500 @likovsky @mnashp

A similar idea has also been suggested here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Roku-Please-restore-Spotify-with-playlists/idi-p/4203291

Please vote for it, and add a comment there, so it may be considered. Any update on the matter should be posted there. :)

Comments
mnashp

agreed! Recently got hubby to agree to digitized music streaming through his roku. Now ZAP, back to the stone age. Can't thank you enough Spotify!

likovsky

Yeah it's so basic and generic now. Wish users could use it just like the desktop app. At least add playlists and Radio if nothing else but it would be nice to have more Browse options. Also Pandora ads nice visuals as it plays on roku and looks great. This would be cool. 

Jeffsey500

Even if it was just spotify connect. At least there is someway to play the music outside of screen sharing...

Bw10

The thing that sold me on getting a roku over another streaming device is that it played Spotify along w a few other things I liked. Got it for Christmas and come to find out they removed it 3 days before!! Very unhappy with this now.

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2018-01-16

Hey @Jspeed1911 @Bw10 @Jeffsey500 @likovsky @mnashp

A similar idea has also been suggested here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Roku-Please-restore-Spotify-with-playlists/idi-p/4203291

Please vote for it, and add a comment there, so it may be considered. Any update on the matter should be posted there. :)