[Roku] Support "Your Music" in Roku

The Roku app has lagged behind other Spotify apps for quite some time. This hasn't made much of a difference until "Your Music" was rolled out. I spent quite a bit of time remving my album playlists and saving them in my music instead. Now I can't access those in the Roku app.

It would be great to have a my music tab in the Roku app instead of the Playlist tab.

Also the search interface could use a lot of work, but I'll save that for another idea.

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Marco
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

kcmartz
Music Fan

I agree with this, +Kudo'ed.

ultrapasty
Casual Listener

This would allow me to start using the 'My Music' feature - at the moment it's useless as Spotify on Roku is at the centre of our household's listening! I've added my thumb up.

unreal6

The spotify app needs a refresh. Kudoed.

tarx

Yes please the Roku Spotify app really does need an update to catchup with Spotify. My Music plus the ability to do radio playlist, Top Lists, Discover, Browse. Enabling the Roku to become a Spotify connect device would also be really cool so we can then use our mobile Spotify app to control Spotify on the Roku connected to the home theatre and speakers.

arithmerock

I agree that the Roku app needs "Your Music" and radio.  Or how about the "Discover" feature?

I just bought a Roku 3 and was excited to start using it to stream Spotify.  But....I guess I may just continue to stream from my computer.  It's nothing I'm going to cancel my account over, but it's annoying.  A lot of people use Roku, and you'd think there'd be some incentive for Spotify to roll out an update to the app.

SunBearDontCare

Part of the reason I got a Roku was to be able to use Spotify in my living room without having to connect my laptop to my TV, and I was very disappointed to find that the interface was outdated and that the features were seriously lacking compared to the Spotify apps on other platforms. I'm a premium subscriber and I love using Spotify, and I'd really appreciate an update to bring some parity with the other Spotify apps, including Your Music, Spotify Connect, and Radio functionality.

UdderJuice
Regular

Yes please!  I just bought a Roku primarily to play Spotify on my TV and be able to use a remote control.  Please bring the Roku channel up to date with current apps.

Thank you!

jonflaherty

Yes.  Please add this!  The roku channel is not very useful as is.  My wife uses pandora instead because of this.

deepimage

Need this asap. The your music selection is missing.  Ugh.

Related Ideas