Announcements

Roku screen saver that can be toggled

I upgraded to premium to be able to play Spotify on the TV's surround system.. Although there is a sceen saver that eventually pops up it takes a long time to happen and switches back to the interface when I skip a track. I would be great if we were able to toggle the screen saver, because as it stands, the interface stays on the screen for much too long and it will, after the amount of  use I would like to put into Spotify on Roku, will eventually take it's toll on this beautiful plasma TV.  Once a playlist or album has been selected, it would be great if the screen saver would just stay on even when skipping a track, and toggled off by using the back button. This seems like a simple tweak to the system in place and it is woefully needed. That being said, I love Spotify.

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted over 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again!

Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
gburris43402

I installed Spotify today on my Roku2, after starting a premium account trial. Not knowing that there was any conflict between custom screen savers and the Spotify channel, I was making some unrelated adjustments to the Roku settings when all hell broke loose. Signal to screen began to blink out for a second or so every minute or two. Then the drop outs became far more frequent, eventually killing all video and audio from Roku. I went through a long routine of resets and reboots with no improvement. Finally, after uninstalling Spotify, I changed HDMI cables and it seems fine now. Maybe the cable, which had worked fine for a year or more,  chose today to fail (how I don't know), but that would quite a coincidence, seems to me. Is it possible that the Spotify channel introduces a change to the firmware that creates a malfunction in the HDMI port, trashing a cable? I love Spotify, but I'm not about to try this again until I've heard of an update to the channel. And, before the trouble started, I did notice that there is no inherent way to "visually mute" Spotify. There should definitely be a means to activate a screen saver of choice at the Spotify screen, whether it is their saver or not. 

rexford237

I second the comment by niccollus!  And on a similar note about screen savers, this might be a stupid question for which there is an any solution.....but I'll ask anyway since I have not figured it out.

How do I cut the TV screen off and keep Spotify playing on my AVR??  I am playing Spotify via a Roku which is hooked up to my AVR via its own separate HDMI port.  I have separate HDMI connections for all of my devices.  And each HDMI is fed directly (separately) into the AVR. 

But if I cut my TV off (via its own separate remote), that shuts off the power to the AVR and Roku.  (I don't have the TV remote set up to do this).  When this happens, I can cut the AVR back on and make sure its connected to HDMI 3 (the port that my Roku uses).  But it doesn't pick up with the Spotify stream.

So how can I just play spotify via the Roku with the television cut off?  There's got to be an easy solution to that for which I haven't figured out!   Any ideas??

Marco
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted over 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again!

Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!