Announcements

[Running] Bring back Running

Or at least give us a good reason for retiring it! It's my number one go to.

Thank you for your feedback here in the Idea Exchange.
At this time we do not have any plans to implement this. If anything changes, we'll come back here and post an update.

Comments
Djennis
Casual Listener

@meahtenoha, this is the same non-answer I got from your support staff and we saw in the 'Running Retirement' announcement. Give us a real answer!

tkewiu934

What other apps are out there for runners that compared. I’m ready to quite paying premium with Spotify since they don’t have that feature anymore. Who wants my money? Running this morning with the 150-160 tempo option was a killer...my pace is way slower than normal. 

In4mixwiz
I have started using Rock my Run app. It allows me to adjust the bpm of
some of the playlists. Definitely do not have all the features figured out
yet.
whitas
Casual Listener

This is very dissapointing especially for long term customer like me. Will look for alternatives.

Cangoou
Music Fan

Thats really a desaster. The remaining so called "running"-playlists are so wide-ranged in pace that they are not useable. No chance to fast-switch between paces when doing interval-training. "Running" was the main reason I choose Spotify, so I just subscribed to my test-phase at Apple Music.

DanP86
Regular

THIS RUNKEEPER ARTICLE DOES NOT WORK. THIS NIKE+ ARTICLE DOES NOT WORK. GIVE US AN EXPLANATION!

Inkopera

So stupid this is gone. ..(someone powerful is probably offended..)  Will cancel Spotify without this feature.

Kristinelise13

The explanation for why this was removed is not good enough.  If you remove features they should be replaced by something better. This is not the case. Please bring back blissed out!!! Having a playlist that adjusts to your cadence is brilliant - why would you stop offering it!?   

BringBackRunnin
Casual Listener

Please bring this feature back! What the **bleep** is going on with you, Spotify? Because the weather here in Germany was so cold, I didn't go out for running the last week. And today I wanted to go but I couldn't find the running category. WHAT THE **bleep**! How could you remove such a cool feature? Do you want your users to cancel their premium?

If you don't want to bring the feature back, please at least bring us back at least the 4-5 playlists in different often used pace formats (so a running category with playlist1-tempo150, playlist1-tempo155, ... etc!!!). PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

patdaly1209
Casual Listener

Clarify please what benefit i get from NikeRun Club? i have been a long time user of NRC for tracking in conjunction with Spotify premium Your Running Playlist for tempo and they do completely different things. NRC for android at least gives me no playlist or music streaming options where i have used spotify for years. Spotify would put in songs at the appropriate tempo based on my tastes of music that ive listened to and if i wanted to speed it up i could at the touch of a button. If you've sold the rights to have a joint partnership fine but at least tell me where i can give my business to get what ive had for years with you. Ill even pay for another app if it integrates with my spotify playlists ive accumulated over the years the same. Im so desperate at this point and Rockmyrun while similar is inferior to what was offered. This has ruined my recent running experiences... i dont think you guys quite understand the importance of the service you provided was! Help!

Related Ideas