SMS song requests at a party...

It would be awesome to be able to have attendees at a party SMS their song requests to a short-code number that would then add that song to the party's playlist.  It could also reply to their initial message if multiple tracks are available by different artists with the same song title.  The system response coule be "Multiple artists available for your request. Reply 1 for Tom Petty, 2 for Kate Earl, etc." (for song 'Learning to Fly') based on the popularity ranking of the artist or song and returning only the top three options.

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted over 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again!

Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

0 Likes
Comments
Roadie

Nice idea.

Also check out the current Playmysong app. That allows users to control a playlist using their phones - though I haven't had a chance to try it out for myself just yet.

I have used Text2Dj, the bestever in Canada. Try this Songrequest service. SMS mobile marketing only and only in Canada. Its a shortcode based, where you can show the live feed of the incoming SMS messages on your web, facebook or anywhere. Subscribe your customer base on your keyword on this short code. Send alerts, event details and promo news and much more ... SMS mobile marketing in Canada offered by ooober. I think they are one of the best in customer service.

Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted over 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again!

Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!