STOP CLOSING THREADS (APPS DISCONTINUED)

Spotify's staff needs to stop closing threads prematurely. Pointing to a declaration that Spotify is no longer supporting apps is not a resolution to our ideas or a solution to the problem. Discontinuing apps was a terrible decision that needs to be addressed and reversed. Close this thread once that's done. Until then, we, as users, should be able to voice our support for the revival of Apps. 

This is not an answer to my problem: https://developer.spotify.com/technologies/apps/ Nor is this a duplicate to any other thread.

Fair enough!
I've merged 2 threads into this one: Desktop: Bring back Spotify Apps!

While the official answer sounded pretty decisive I will try to get the Spotify staff to at least maintain that thread for feedback / gaining kudos.
Personally, I'd love to get the apps back too! Last.fm and Lazify especially...

Comments
rednblu
Roadie

Amen!

Right on!

Bravo!

GenerationBlue

Moreover, stop leaving us in the dark about all of these changes! Why are you forcing us to upgrade without even a hint at what detrimental modifications were going to be made. I woke up today to listen to some awesome music and -OH my entire experience is ruined with dumb ass features that no one wanted- nor were useful whatsoever. And what kind of response do we get? closed threads and no response from developers other than "oh yeah ctr-f is coming back" OH GREAT THAT SOLVES EVERYTHING. GET YOUR **bleep** TOGETHER.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Case Closed

Fair enough!
I've merged 2 threads into this one: Desktop: Bring back Spotify Apps!

While the official answer sounded pretty decisive I will try to get the Spotify staff to at least maintain that thread for feedback / gaining kudos.
Personally, I'd love to get the apps back too! Last.fm and Lazify especially...

cowdog66

100% agree, and by the way, as decisive as the "official answer" may sound to the marketing department, or whoever at Spotify, I have absolutely no idea what they are saying. None. So instead of closing the thread maybe you, or Spotify, can enlighten us as to how the new version is going to resolve these issues, or at least the direction that Sporify is headed. I did a search yesterday to see what alternate streaming services were available and how they compared to Spotify and every single review put Spotify above the others and every single review cited the desktop client and the 3rd party apps as the reason that Spotify had the edge over the other services. So it is no small thing that these things have been removed, and sweeping the issue under the rug won't make it go away. Thanks.