[Samsung Smart TV]High quality streaming please

Currently the Spotify app on Samsung smart TVs only streams at 160kbps although libspotify supports 320kbps. Please give us high quality 320kbps streaming in line with other hardware partner devices. After all, we do need a premium subscription to use the app.

Thanks.

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Casual Listener

I second that motion. I just loaded the Spotify app in my Samsung Smart TV and it gave me 2 free days of Premium.

I have to say, it doesn't sound that bad.  But, I will probably not renew the Premium service until it's upgraded to 320kbps.

As a workaround for now, I'm using Premium on my MacBookPro and connecting it to the TV through HDMI to get 320kbps.

But, I really like the Samsung app intereface, and it enables me to use the TV remote to navigate it.

Spotify, please upgrade your service and send an email out when you've done so. I don't understand the delay.

Regular

Hello,

please, add 320 kbps to Samsung app. We pay premium, we deserve it.

Thanks

Absolutely agree it is a must!

I agree with this too. I'm listening music on my tv for few months. Few days ago, I've connected pc via hdmi and listen from it... there is really big difference in sound quality.

Please do this asap.

Casual Listener

Any news on it? I agree that 320kbps would be a very important update.

I get 320kbps mobile connected on my iphone, my broadband-connected tv should get that all the more.

No update since few months. Not good... 😞

I agree with everybody here.  Please add higher quality 320kbps streaming for Samsung Smart TV's.

Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!