Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung Soundbars fully support Alexa with Spotify

Hello,

I am an otherwise happy owner of an Samsung HW-Q900A soundbar (with Dolby Atmos). There are many owners that are not happy about the missing functionality of playing Spotify with the in the soundbar built-in Alexa. Alexa just says that Spotify is not supported on this device when you ask Alexa to play something on spotify.

Amazon Music with Alexa works with a Amazon Music unlimited subscription or Amazon prime.

There are really many users that are frustrated about this. Many more are not reporting it as they can see others have failed getting it working. See here for some examples:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/audio-video/soundbar-q800t-gt-control-spotify-with-alexa/td-p/19...

German: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/audio-video/samsung-soundbar-hw-q950t-alexa-spotify-problem/td-p...

I would really appreciate if Spotify could get this working.

Kind regards Christian

Updated on 2023-01-27

Hey, again! It looks like your suggestion is back to the road, cool! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' again. See you all on the next mark...
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Eni
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-10-16

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Sainopain

Please make this work 

dkuerner

+1 Samsung HWQ950T support would be highly appreciated

piojan89

how many voters do we need to make this topic important enough?
I am a lucky owner of Samsung Soundbar HW Q-900A it works great with Amazon Music and I think it should work with Spotify Connect. I would much appreciate your help!

Phancas

please support it

alxdxn

+1 for this feature (HW-Q800A)

Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2021-12-17

Hey! Looks like that your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues to be supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your idea. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Darko269

Hi, I have Samsung soundbar s61A. I do everything. I connect all app with Spotify (Samsung Smart, Spotify, Alexa)...

It is all checked in app to work, but when ask Alexa with voice, it tell me "Spotify is not supporten on this device"

Darko, Croatia

Darko269

I buy Samsung soundbar s61A just because ALEXA-Spotify feature and now it's not working. I spent whole christmass for making it work. And it still not working.

In Spotify help center I found that my soundbar is listed as suported (just SONOS), but in devices instruction it say it work with Spotify.

DOes anybody have this s61A soundbar with Alexa/Spotify working??

Can somebody help me please,  because otherwise I think I will return soundbar to store.

fdomig

It can't be true that this is not working for my HW-Q950A. Please make this available.