Samsung TV App enhancements

I was really thrilled to see the newly released TV app for Samsung! I also must say that the design was really nice overall. It didn't feel like a 1.0 version. Nice work!

I would however suggest that you add a screensaver button or even a button to blacken the TV altogether. This is very important for users with plasma TVs as they are vulnerable to burnins.

I also noted that the special keyboard made for Samsung TVs didn't work when I signed in. I do hope that the keyboard works in the Search part of the app? Otherwise, that would be a huge enhancement as well.

BR blueberry77

Update: This idea has been submitted again here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Samsung-Smart-TV-Application-Burn-In-Solution/idi-p/1...

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
Foxdie

I too agree with this, owning a 2012 Smart TV, the Spotify App would be handy if I wasn't concerned about screen burn.

Please add either a screen blank option, moving logo, or even better, a visualiser.

Rjw

Totally agree - great app - realgreatest sound quality much better than spotify AirPlay from ipad to Apple TV.

Please, please add screen saver option to next upgrade

Madzips

Yes. This is a feature I would like, but a stage further and for slightly different reasons. 

I would like to see a photo streaming screen saver (or specific photos feature). I have been a diehard appletv  music streaming user and the photo screen saver has been a source of delight for us as our photos are randomly displayed to streamed iTunes. It also gives those thousands of pictures life, rather than just taking up space on a device somewhere. 

This could be from a USB stick/device or streamed from all share 

I am a happy convert from iTunes to spotify, but this one feature is one that I sorely miss.

Madzips

alexbru

finally the app arrived on my samsung tv and it works like a charm , it 's great.

but there's one thing which could make the app sooo much better: keyboard support

i really would appreciate the possibility to use the app with the keyboard. using the search with the remote is neither comfortable, nor timesaving..  

Jester-NL
Casual Listener

Overall I am very happy with the app on the SmartTV. Some things to take into consideration:

• Some time ago I had to upgrade my app. Okay, I am cool with that. But why did it fail to rember my password in that process?
  • Forced to log in again, it turned out that the keyboard provided lacked characters. My password contained an asterisk. The keyboard did not.

Basically your update of the SmartTV-app forced me to change my password... thanks :/

Furthermore:

• would it be possible to add scrobbling support to the TV-app? (cache not needed, since the app only works with an internet-connection to start with ;))
  • Is there anyway to connect your TV-app with my android-app? I find my touchscreen a lot faster than the on-screen keyboard.
Moherson

Please add some screensaver feature to smart tv app. I see allready signs of screen burning in areas where album art is displayed!!! Smart TV playback is the only feature that is keeping me as premium subscriber at the moment.

rioriorio

I just bought  a Samsung 6300 and was pleasantly surprised when I founf the the Spotify application. However I was quickly disappointed when I realized there was no way to shut off the screen while listening to the music. As far as I am concerned this makes the app totally useless. I want to listen to music, not watch some static image on my television.

Please add a screen saver or some other feature that allows you to shut off the display while listening to music.

Thanks

rioriorio

Does anybody from Spotify actually look at these comments? Or am I just venting into the interweb abyss? 

anotherscrenme

screensaver please. usless app otherwise.

orangetheme

Screen saver (and gapless playback) a must have.  Even just turning the screen to black would be enough.