Save bandwidth when browsing albums for an artist on mobile

When I want to browse all albums for an artist on my mobile (iOS) device, it seems that, for artists with many albums, all the artwork and track information is downloaded, causing the screen to refresh until all content has been received.  This is a pretty wasteful use of bandwidth.  I would suggest that mobile devices have an option to only download "collapsed" sections representing the album by title (and an option to enable/disable thumbnails of the album cover too) so that data is delivered only if the section is chosen or expanded.  That way, if I find what I am looking for quickly, I haven't run up my mobile data.

Update: This idea has been submitted again here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/iOS-Your-Music-Make-the-app-faster-with-a-simple-setting...

Hello.
This idea has been submitted more than 1 year ago, but unfortunately hasn't gained enough kudos during that time (10 kudos/year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in the forum, this idea will be closed for now. Note that this does not mean the idea has been declined by Spotify.

Please feel free to re-post this idea if you still feel you want to see this implemented. With a little change in presentation, maybe this time it will gain the necessary support from the community.

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Marked as new idea and added "Save bandwidth when" in the title to make it easier to find via search. ;)
Fred
Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea has been submitted again here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/iOS-Your-Music-Make-the-app-faster-with-a-simple-setting...

Hello.
This idea has been submitted more than 1 year ago, but unfortunately hasn't gained enough kudos during that time (10 kudos/year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in the forum, this idea will be closed for now. Note that this does not mean the idea has been declined by Spotify.

Please feel free to re-post this idea if you still feel you want to see this implemented. With a little change in presentation, maybe this time it will gain the necessary support from the community.