Save shuffle setting for each playlist

Some of my playlists are albums, which I like to listen to in the order in which the tracks are laid out - this is particularly important in some concept albums or soundtracks.

Some of my playlists are very large random collections of songs, which I like to be shuffled.

I'd like the shuffle setting to be saved for each playlist - so I can have my soundtracks played in order, but still get my other collections shuffled.

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2017-11-20

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Richiban

I'd also love this: it's something that I've wanted from my music player(s) going back as long as I can remember...

I want to shuffle some playlists but not others.

Please implement this, Spotify? As far as some your feature requests go, this one's pretty easy to implement.

fizzlers

me too - how do we shuffle spotify?

Luggruff
Music Fan

Seconded!

Also a way to SORT a playlist randomly

Peter__
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Changed back to "new idea" status - once this idea reaches 100+ kudos the Spotify staff will review it again and decide on a new status. ~ Peter

jamalexjam
Regular

This idea should include adding 'Shuffle' to the desktop app for saved playlists.

aekiameh
Gig Goer

I am looking for this. Find it kinda annoying that once I set 'shuffle' for one playlist, it's set for all playlists. Can't believe this hasn't even been added yet!

MichaelJerzak
Community Legend

this would be excellent. :D

jfonzy316
Regular

+1!!!!  (More if I could.)

I've been wanting this for a long time.  Especially since I listen to a lot of albums that are recorded from a live concert.  Often the band leads into the next song, then BAM!  Shuffle puts you on something else because I forgot to change it from the previous playlist I was listening to on shuffle.

Please remember my shuffle settings per playlist!

What would probably be best would be to have a preferences option for "Global Shuffle" (ex: Option in settings will have shuffle work for "All playlists" or if unchecked will "remember each playlist's specific shuffle setting".)

user-removed
Not applicable

I wonder how we get an update on ideas like this?

trpote

It would be great if the repeat/shuffle settings didn't need to be set for every playlist. Like marcusjroberts and others, I have playlists that I would like to add an "override" non-shuffle setting to but still maintain a global setting for all playlists not specifically altered. One method of implementing this could be similar to how id's override class settings in html.