Scheduled Offline Synchronisation/Download

At least in the UK and I would assume that other ISP's worldwide may also do the same, employ broadband bandwidth caps/restrictions. Most (good) ISP's also include certain time periods when no cap exists.

I'd like to suggest a Spotify configuration option that allows me to restrict the synchronisation/downloading of Offline Content to certain periods.

The default operating behaviour could be set to no restriction so as not effect existing users.

If 'restricted access' is selected by the user, two further fields consisting of a start and end time would be used to only allow Spotify to perform synchronisation or downloading of Offline material during those times.

As an example:

• my UK based ISP allows me unmetered bandwidth between 12am and 8am.
  • I would set Spotify to only allow synchronisation between 12.30am and 7.30am.
  • Any bandwidth used by Spotify would no longer count towards my monthly bandwidth cap set by my ISP.

Regards

Chris

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.
Hello!

Your idea has been submitted over 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again!

Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments

User in the U.S. here, i also have a data cap and a period of unlimited data and would love to be able to see when the download starts

Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea
Changed back to "new idea" status - once this idea reaches 40+ kudos the Spotify staff will review it again and decide on a new status. ~ Peter
Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.
Hello!

Your idea has been submitted over 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again!

Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!