[Search] Ability to rate albums

I think adding the ability to rate albums out of  5 stars would make an excellent addtion to Spotify service.

Everyone loves rating things – and viewing their ratings retrospectively (remember LoveFilm??) ) it's super fun and interactive, plus encourages users to play whole albums / spend more time on your platform.

It would also allow users to see the most popular albums/discography based on peoples choices – perhaps be able to order discography by ratings too.

For example, I'm new to the Beatles and straight up I can see their most played tracks, which is great. But albums, as bodies of work, are just as important to me. And I want to know which is (considered to be) the best Beatles album.

As a newcomer to their music I can see that Sgt. Peppers has 5 stars based 500,000 ratings, and Abbey Road has 4 stars, or whatever.

Of course, there is no correct answer, but everyone has a favourite and everyone loves to add their opinion to the debate. This for me is an emotive issue as to whether one agrees or not, but you have your vote are inclined to join the discussion by simply adding a rating (no actual discussion, just the ability to assign 1-5 stars). Simplez!

Thanks!

Updated on 2020-02-13

Hey there,

Thanks for sharing your idea here in the Community!

Keep in mind that this has already been suggested here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Other-Rate-albums/idi-p/4884135

We'd recommend heading over to that idea and adding your +VOTE and feedback there.

There's also this similar sounding idea that you might want to consider supporting.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2020-02-13

Hey there,

Thanks for sharing your idea here in the Community!

Keep in mind that this has already been suggested here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Other-Rate-albums/idi-p/4884135

We'd recommend heading over to that idea and adding your +VOTE and feedback there.

There's also this similar sounding idea that you might want to consider supporting.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.