[Search] Advanced Search and filtering

Based on the hundreds of requests and thousands of votes for this feature, I am confused as to why this is not part of the UX by now. How are users supposed to find specific music in your library when an advanced search function is not available, you can't pinpoint a specific keyword that triggers an algorithm to show the desired song and your development team refuses to add features that thousands want????? Further, adding an idea to this forum is a nightmare to even do plus on top of that, the user interface on the platform on desktop, console, AND mobile all have major UX faults. I would love to consult on the UI and interface because I know that I can create a better, more user-friendly design. In fact, why don't you make it easier on users and allow for the modularization of the platform so we can lay out the blocks how WE want them especially since you won't give us an advanced search or filter option... I mean, how many people know, by heart, how to locate songs by release year and genre? How about sub-genre??? Your development team seems to be impossible to reach through this channel and it is starting to look like other solutions may be a better fit for my family and their money. I've been with Spotify since the beginning and have yet to see anything groundbreaking in the UX or in the programming that I can not get with other vendors. I know that development costs money but I am sure that in your customer base, there are some dedicated coders who would design an advanced search add-in that could connect right into what you have built. Same with several other users requests that the Spotify dev team have seemed to just ignore or chalk up as not important. How much of your customer base actually visits your website? How much of that total converts to a forum user and of that what is the return rate with qualifiable ideas that could take the solution beyond its minimalistic and in most cases, confusing UX? I truly mean no disrespect but from a UX and development perspective, based on what I have seen in your forum, It may help with your forward direction. The easier you make it for the users to find exactly what they are looking for, the better results from WOM marketing. Is there a feature buried in the software that users are not aware of to perform such actions? If you need a wireframe for a more user-friendly UX, I can help. I will even provide 4 different designs. Mobile, Tablet, Console and Desktop.

Update: this idea has been reposted here.

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will have to close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been rejected by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea again, in a slightly different form! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of the community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2017-02-19

Marked as new idea.

TommyCarroll

I have just struck comment gold.  I have been searching and algorythmizing for months as to why are Albums and tracks NOT in **@** date order?  It's staggering that that is not so.  Well done Kaotika.  

Jacob
Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: this idea has been reposted here.

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will have to close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been rejected by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea again, in a slightly different form! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of the community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!