[Search] Find Songs & Artists by Language

Hi,

It would be great to be able to search/discover new stuff by the language in the search engine .Like songs sung in Spanish / French ... It's not because we don't speak the language or understand the lyrics we can't enjoy the beat or the melody.

None of other streaming services do this, make the difference.

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2015-07-15

Marked as new idea and edited it to let it focus on 1 request, since searching by country has also been submitted here. This idea is a re-post of this inactive idea.

MrHowl
Regular

As a language student, I'd like this very much indeed!

Drchandrub
Same here, I listen to English along with 3 to 4 indian languages. Majority of the times the spelling of these languages are wrong hence it would be helpful if the songs are classified as per language as well. Thanks
rxalo

I'm studying French and I would like to listen to french music as a way to practice my listening skills.Hence, this search feature will be really helpful. Thanks.

Niouuuu
I am unsubscribing because Spotify lacks this functionality. YouTube Red should be better in this regard.

Kudoing this idea; I'm learning a new language, and I find it helpful (and just plain enjoyable) to listen to music in that language. It would be nice if my subscription made it easier to find and listen to music in a preferred language.

miracuru
Casual Listener
Search music by language.
This would help people with different ethnic background listen to music on their own native language and make it easier for music artists from other countries get audience with their own language as well.
THIS FUNCTION WOULD BE GREAT IF IMPLEMNTED.
Thanks.
sk314
Regular

I listen to music in more than 1 language. Being able to specify a language filter would greatly help in searching.

Hectorellanav94
Casual Listener

Hi Everyone

I think that this can make we listen music to know a little more of the rest of the world, connect eachother trought the music, be a little more in Russia, Germany, China, USA and Argentina in the same time. Not only listen in Spanish and English, open the fan to other latitudes.

srimant

i really hope they implement this cause, i love listening to japanese songs,but the only way to actually listen is by searching by my favorite artists. it would be nice if they atleast have charts according to language