[Search] Play song radio after playing search result

Currently, when you search for a song and play it, the next song to be played is the next result in the list of resulsts.  But most people searching, for example, for "rockstar" by Post Malone will not be looking to hear "rockstar" by Nickleback and then hear "rockstar" by Hannah Montana, since those are different genres of music.

Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 11.41.47 AM.png

Updated on 2018-11-20

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in slightly different again :)

Have a nice day!

Luke

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2017-12-09

Marked as new idea.

22siyqdicbj7zvx
Casual Listener

This is Spotifys single worst feature. When I search for a song name, it plays every song with that name. Brutal.

changy38

support, how does this have so few upvotes? Most of the time the music that plays after a searched time is completely different and jarring, song radio would make much more sense.

Seedorfj

Absolutely not, I want to hear every song ever with the title I searched.  I don't care how many remixes and acoustic versions there are. If I don't here the exact same song at least 20 times on my commute home because I forgot to hit add to que or play song radio I will be livid...

This has to be the dumbest feature ever implemented into Spotify, I doubt anyone actually desires the entirety of search results to be played unless it's an album. 

alezenonos

Isn't this common sense? How can i switch to autoplay similar songs? Or is it not implemented yet?

ChaddC

First of all, I agree with Seedorfj, because if you search a topic, artist or song name, the MOST logical result should be a list of songs that match that. And the next logical step is to play that list automatically.
Users who  want to hear the "Radio" as related to a song, already had that function by selecting that song and clicking on the "begin Radio" option.

If I search for an artist who has 30 albums and 150 songs, but I just want to hear the top 20 from that artist, I search the artist and just let the search play the songs in order of popularity.

I like the radio option sometimes, but I don't use Spotify for a radio app, I use it because is specifically and efficiently plays the exact music I am searching for. That is Spotify's best feature, in my opinion. And removing the search song play list function (which just happened this patch) is the worst idea ever.

changy38

Hi ChaddC , Seedorfj was being sarcastic. I think most users disagree with you and that's why spotify changed it, I certainly disagree with you.

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2018-11-20

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in slightly different again :)

Have a nice day!

Luke