[Search] Query audio tracks with something similar to SQL

It would be nice to have the possibility to make SQL like queries on the whole Spotify library. Something like:

SELECT TOP 50 tracks

FROM Playlist1

WHERE ReleaseDate BETWEEN 2004 AND 2010

ORDER BY ReleaseDate DESC

SELECT TOP 10 tracks

FROM Artist1

WHERE BeatsPerMinute > 120

AND ReleaseDate > 2000

ORDER BY Popularity

And to save those queries as a playlist or something similar. So one could create dynamic playlists based on meta data.

You really should provide a Spotify Library Query Language SLQL. Where others can build services depending on your solution.

Updated on 2018-11-10

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in slightly different again :)

Have a nice day!

Luke

Comments
Rock Star 1
Rock Star 1

One more useful idea to be implemented! There are thousands of songs on Spotify, and sorting them out isn't easy. Using SQL search platform, we could search/add music fast & easy. I also suggest adding Genre to the queries;

Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15

That would be such a pleasure! :')

I'm not sure how complete track metadata is on Spotify in terms of genre, bpm and all that, but it's a lovely idea indeed.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2017-11-06

Marked as new idea.

ajsnider91
Casual Listener

This is actually a pretty great idea.  I would nerd out so hard on some of those search functions.  like the idea, however, like a lot of other great ones I don't know if Spotify would ever look at this and think it was a big enough change for them to warrant an investment of time and energy - especially if they thought it would only be used by a select demographic of their listeners.

I submitted a post that could be a solution to this should they allow 3rd party development of extensions/plugins/add-ins that people could download and install to use within the Spotify desktop program/app https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Desktop-Other-Let-3rd-party-developers-make-extens...

First and foremost, if you're reading this - like this specific idea topic to show Spotify that it's important to you - however, if there are other features that you would love to have but aren't sure Spotify would ever want to implement on their own then support of my post linked above might be an interesting idea?

Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2018-11-10

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in slightly different again :)

Have a nice day!

Luke