Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Search] Search for Episodes Within a Podcast Show

Allow users to search for an epidose within a specific podcast show only, similar to searching for a song within a playlist. 

Updated on 2023-01-06

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now available on mobile (for both Android & iOS users). You can find "Find in this show" feature on the top of the screen when you're on the Podcast page. 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments

how in god's name is this not a feature?

how is this not a feature already? this is so frustrating.

Troy_F

Could we please get this feature??? This would so helpful to search for podcasts within the podcast show page. With so much content and episodes being added, it is hard to find the shows I want to listen too. Please reconsider adding this feature!! 

Luan
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2022-02-28

Hey! Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We've been keeping an eye on this submission for an extended period of time, and it doesn't seem this will reach the votes necessary to put it forward for prioritization.
As such, we're marking this case as closed. This includes any similar suggestions that are received.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More information about it can be found here.

Thanks for your comprehension! 

MelodyWigdahl

This would be super helpful if I continue to use spotify for pocasts. 

ivan_breslauer

Hi Spotify Team,

I'd love to see you add a show filter to the /search endpoint.

This would allow us to filter episodes by the show they belong to - whether that's by specifying show's name or ID.

Example:

https://api.spotify.com/v1/search?q=Neil%20deGrasse%20Tyson+show:The%20Joe%20Rogan%20Experience&type...

or

https://api.spotify.com/v1/search?q=Neil%20deGrasse%20Tyson+show:

4rOoJ6Egrf8K2IrywzwOMk

&type=episode

would result with The Joe Rogan Experience episodes that mention Neil deGrasse Tyson.

Thanks!

Nsjizzleston

How do we reopen this damn post. Can't believe it didn't get up. 😑

ivan_breslauer

Hey Spotify Team, how many votes are necessary to consider a request for a common sense functionality such as this one?

josephbear

Yes, why close this issue when it's only going to be brought up again and again. It's the main reason I use Downcast instead, feels like it should be standard.

Wedel
Could not agree more!
Basic super easy function that is already in the app, not just in that view!
I opened a case as well, closed..