[Search] When Searching, Prioritize Results From Playlists As Well As Saved

I suggest to have a priority search function. Either as an integrated part of the ordinary search option (ideal case) or as a separate function.

What I mean is that it should highlight search results that match anything I already have in my playlists (similar to what spotify does to anything matching in "My music").

An example to illustrate what I mean. Let's say I have the song "Not Afraid" with Eminem in one of my playlists and that I want to play that song. Then I search for "afraid". It will give me tons of other suggestions first:

1. "Afraid" by The Neighbourhood

2. "Afraid" by Catherine Feeny

3. "Afraid of the dark" by MKTO

etc...

Of course, eventually I'm gonna find the song I'm looking for. BUT! It would be so convenient if it was to show search results that match anything I already have either as a separate category from "Songs", like "Songs in my playlists" or whatever. Or, show such matching search results in the top of the list, highlighted by different color or similar.

Several of my playlists have many songs, and finding manually is too slow.

Updated: 2016-09-12

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21
Status changed to: Need more information
Updated: 2015-09-11

Hi and thanks for your contribution! Can you clarify your suggestion a bit? I've been testing this, and it appears to me that songs which are saved in Your Music do automatically float to the top of the 'Songs' results, but songs which are only in playlists do not. I can edit your idea to say that this automatic prioritization should also include playlists. Is that okay?

NNGtb
Regular
Thank you for your sharp observation. You seem to be perfectly correct. My apologies for not testing thoroughly! Please do! So: I want Playlist songs to do the same :-)
Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2015-09-12

Marked as New Idea and edited title to make it easier to find via search. This idea suggests that the automatic prioritization of search results should also include playlists, in the same way as Saved tracks.

NNGtb
Regular

I slightly updated the bulk text of the idea to match the new caption. That is, it's focused on getting the same funcitonality for songs matching in playlists. Thanks for you help blake!

mozilla2012
Casual Listener

Bumping this. If I search for a saved album, I would like it if it showed up under "Top Results"! That just makes sense that your saved stuff has priority.

Like this:

suggestion.png

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated: 2016-09-12

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!