Search function for BMW Connected Drive

The new Spotify integration with Connected Drive on BMW works really well! EXCEPT that there is no 'SEARCH' tab so I can only view my saved music and pre-selected genres and playlists. This means you can't search for any artist/album/genre while on the go which limits the usefulness of the app compared with pre-connected drive integration.

Updated: 2015-11-16

Update: This idea has been submitted again here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Search-function-in-BMW-Connected-Drive/idi-p/1239537

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
StBernardus

Search seems like a no-brainer for the BMW app.  The Rhapsody BMW app has it now, and back before MOG was snapped up by Beats (subsequently snapped up by Apple of course), their app had awesome search functionality - I really really miss MOG's BMW app; it was just about perfect for my usage. In addition to great search (that, unlike Rhapsody's, remembered your past searches), their "artist-based radio" (where you could opt to only hear songs by that artist, or to hear songs "like" songs by that artist ala Pandora) was great too. 

Bl4ckH4wk

Deezer got it in their BMW App, so please get this in asap!

Jgcamil

Agree.

Search functionality is a must. Its a pain only to have your previously saved content available in the app.

This has to be implemented asap pls!

cahitt

@Carina Still no search on BMW Spotify... Are you even planning to add it? It has been almost a year since this post.. It is really annoying not to be able to search... 

secure77

Im also really looking for this search function! Would be very nice to have this in spotify, maybe also the function that you can switch from a current song the Interpret or Album. Thanks!

Dear Spotify support,

you have to do something about the search function (ASAP appreciated).

The fact, that you don't even respond to some posts after a couple of months shows, that - apparently - you don't care about this issue.

If you don't do anything about that you will get rid of many of your premium users who drive premium cars.

Rhapsody/Napster & Deezer:

- Same price, music, streaming quality

- better integration

- search function

- ability to save music on BMW's internal hard drive for offline use

- ability to use BMW's internal internet connection instead of using your cellular data plan

If you don't improve Spotify's integration in BMW cars - why should any BMW driver choose Spotify instead of others?

Regards

Tim

mzwagemakers
Roadie

Thans, Tim.

You've got valid points made for me to consider quiting Spotify and moving to something else.

I've seen Deezer integrating in a lot of stuff faster then Spotify ever has done (I've got a set-top box from my internetprovider for television and internet and it has a deezer app in it. No spotify -( )

Considering the advantage of using the BMW data plan instead of my mobile plan, sound like a good one. Then moving over the border isn't an issue anymore. I often travel to other countries and I would like to take my music with me.

I hope Spotify will soon improve their product....

Marco
Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated: 2015-11-16

Update: This idea has been submitted again here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Search-function-in-BMW-Connected-Drive/idi-p/1239537

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!