Search songs by the name of the songwriter(s)

Hi

I was wondering if it is possible to include the songwriters name, when you search for songs?

As an example, I would love to have the possinility to searh for songs written by Diane Warren, who wrote hit songs like Unbreak my heart - Tony Braxton, Dont wanna miss a thing - Aerosmith,  Could I have This Kiss Forever - Enrique Iglesias feat. Whitney Houston and the list goes on an on.

Mostly, when I listen to a song and like the lyrics, the chances for me liking the other songs by the same songwriter i pretty big.

Update: This idea has been submitted again here:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Find-music-by-songwriter/idi-p/660692

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted over 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again!

Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
mholm815

i would like to add to this that i want to search by the performers on the track. this data is already available on many jazz songs but it is not for rock. i want to listen to every song travis barker plays on or that dave grohl sings on.

similar idea: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas-and-Feedback/Subscribe-to-Artists/idi-p/2265

jokinar
Casual Listener

Agreed, I very much like to explore music not only by the artist but also by songwriter.

For example, I like Lucie Silvas, and through Wikipedia I have found that she has also written songs for other artists like Liberty X & Haley Reinhart.  Which I then look for on Spotify to play.

However, it would be great if there were some way within Spotify that you could search for songs by songwriter - for example, if you have a favourite song - you could then click something to find other songs written by the same songwriter - i.e.. Max Martin has written a lot of pop songs (Britney Spears, Backstreet boys, Katy Perry) - it'd be great t get a complete list of songs that he has written/co-written/composed that are available on Spotify.

Peter__
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea
Changed back to "new idea" status - once this idea reaches 40+ kudos the Spotify staff will review it again and decide on a new status. ~ Peter
Marco
Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea has been submitted again here:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Find-music-by-songwriter/idi-p/660692

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted over 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again!

Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!