[Security] Show recent Account Activity (IP, Time, etc.)

Spotify has now a great feature of showing all the devices that have offline lists.

Next step is to keep track and show the account owner the recent account activity. This would be a list all the last sessions, devices and IP addresses that have been using my Shopify account. Activity tracking is a normal security feature that other streaming services use. For example, Netflix has this feature and I find it great for my account security. I can see all the timestamps, devices, IP addresses and countries my account has been used in. No need to guess if there is someone else using your account somewhere.

Here is an example how Netflix shows this information:

Recent_account_access.jpgRecent Account Access

I tried to see is someone else suggested this earlier, but I was not able to find anything and I'm quite surprised that Spotify doesn't have this feature yet. I'm certain that Spotify already has all this information, so it is more about just showing it to the account owner.

Information that recent account activity should have:

-Timestamp when the account was used

-IP address of the device using the account

-Country where the device was when using the account (based on the IP address I assume)

-Type of device that used the account (iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Desktop, Smart TV, Web Player, etc)

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-04-25

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. ;)

matt63

Great Idea. I could do with this right now as someone else is accessed my account and upgraded my subscription to family.

jkalasni
Casual Listener

Thank you Marco! Your changes definitely made sense :)

Sorry to hear about that matt63 :(

I had the same situation half a year ago. Someone was using my Spotify and there was no way to tell who he/she was.

Richacinas

Any news about this? thanks

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-04-25

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!