Select multiple Sorting Columns at once

Right now if I sort "My Songs" (or any playlist) by artist, the songs are not sorted alphabetical.  What I would love as an option would be to even be able to sort even further. What if I want to sort, by Artist, but then by Album, but then by Song?

A perfectly sorted list.

But this sorting system should be robust enough to even do things like sorting by Artist, then sorting by Added Date. So all the artists are alphabetical, then I can see the newest under each artist that I added.

The current columns are:

Track , Artist ^ , Time , Album , Added , Popularity , User

I added in the UP Arrow in the Artist column. My idea would add a 'chevron' to the columns to indicate they are the second sort. If I clicked on things in this order: Added, then Track, then Album, then Artist. That would produce a sorting of priority of Artist being most important, then Album being the next sort, then Track being sorted for, then finally Added.

The primary sort would be a solid arrow. (the last thing I clicked) Clear to anyone. Most people will use this anyway.

The lesser sorts would be chevrons. With the oldest sort being a single little arrow. Looking like multiple ^ or v. For more picky sorting.

This can be used to nicely sort by artists by albums, or dates, or songs, or discover duplicates.

I have also added in Popularity as I want this option EVERYWHERE as a column. I like to see what other people consider popular sometimes.

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated: 2016-05-05

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Marked as new idea. This idea requests the ability to sort by more than 1 column at the same time to have a 2nd order after the primary one.

scsport7

I absolutely love spotify but would love to have the option for it to put my songs in my playlist in order. Doing this would also benefit the site because I know of several people that would buy premium if this was an option. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make it a option. 

I know this is just the community but I could not find a way to contact them directly so if anyone can please either pass this message along or help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

sam cline hall

justbh
Regular

I would add alphabet letters (on the right side?) so that one can jump to artists in letter "N" for instance without scrolling down several times. Thank you

smcpike

Having the ability to sort by date added would be a huge improvement on their sorting options.  I often save albums and would like to sort be when added similar to what Plex does with media content.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated: 2016-05-05

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!