Select multiple songs in playlists (Mobile app)

It would be great if you could go into a playlist and begin deleting songs by selecting multiple ones and then deleting all at the same time. As of now you have to >edit>( - )>delete. It's slow and tedious. Just a suggestion.

Update: This idea has been submitted again here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Checkbox-system-for-adding-deleting-multiple-songs-Mo...

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Karolinger
Regular

!?

ValStarkk
Absolutely yes. it's also annoying to create playlists from the app because of the same reason!! Kudos :)
Gerry777

Not just in the mobile app but on the web player too!!!

juiceautomatica
Regular

I was about to make this as a new idea, but glad someone else has thought the same. In other similar services (or even apps like Gmail) you can long-press on an item to highlight it, which then activates multiple selection and can quick tap on additional items to select more, then allows any common actions like delete, from a menu like the one with the three dots in Android.

I can't believe this idea has been floating since a year ago without more kudos. I honestly think if I could do multiple deletes from the mobile app I might never need the desktop app - which would be my preference for the way I use the service. Maybe this is just less important for folks who spend equal time listening both on desktop and mobile.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea has been submitted again here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Checkbox-system-for-adding-deleting-multiple-songs-Mo...

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!