Set a Startup Page

I'm writing this with an extreme amount of aggravation with the new update to Spotify app. Spotify needs to add a setting to "launch app in". Example. Launch app in playlist. Launch app in your music. Launch app in search ect.

The reason for this is, is I and many other users do not use your music. I do not use it and never will. It jumbles everything together and that is not how I listen to music, and I never will. What has happened with the new update is Spotify has made your music the default opening page.

So I now have to navigate my way though that page to get to my playlist. Now someone said last night ours one tap at the top to get to playlist. I own a note 3. One tap at the very top is to far and very very frustrating. I listen to music in playlist. And navigate my way from there. This has made your app dangerous for when trying to navigate it while driving. It has made your app dangerous for trying to navigate it while working as I have to take my eyes away from what I'm doing longer to navigate an extra menu. This needs to be fixed immediately.

Updated: 2016-01-25

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Marco
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Marked as new idea and edited the title to make it easier to find via search. 😉
This idea requests the option to set a certain startup page when launching the app (e.g. a playlist, search, Your Music, etc.)

phxkrausehouse
Roadie
Thank you so much I appreciate it. Now just to get some votes lol
rednblu
Roadie

Options for PC StartUp should include: 1) Play Folder, 2) Play playlist, 3) . . . .

appaumak
Regular

Agree with OP for all the practical reasons listed. But also - on principle!

This is a *Premium Pay* service!

As a *paying subscriber* I shouldn't have to have promotions shoved in my face!

This would be appropriate for those who are getting the service for free - but not for those of us who are paying a Premium!

What does one have to do?

Subscribe to Premium Platinum Plus Account?

to remove unsolicited/unwanted advertisements?

to be able to listen to the music we want to - when we want?

Without scrolling through the marketting whims of Spotify?!

Thought that was what I was paying for in the first place?!

sirensic

I would love this option on my iPhone and desktop app. I often use the Browse part of the app (I think that's it's name in english? the current startup page) but not as much as some of my playlists, so it would be great to be able to set a startup page.

bakasb

I would like the application to simply open where I last left it! 

At least make that a setting, though it should be the default, in my oppinion, instead of starting at the promo page. If I'm looking for new music ideas, I can navigate to the browse section myself, but 95% of the time I just want to continue where I left. Having to re-navigate to my playlist or album cumulatively adds up to a lot of work.

evbowling
Casual Listener

In particular, I like @bakasb 's comment. I think there should be a setting where we can configure how the app starts. There's a lot of great content and playlists - it just needs to be a bit easier to access.

Thanks!

evbowling
Casual Listener

Aside: I found this idea after submitting a similar idea. You can reference it here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/iOS-Music-the-mobile-ui-should-have-a-quot-quick-start...

Marco
Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated: 2016-01-25

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!