Share playlist with another Family member

I'm sure this might be an idea/or solution somewhere, but I haven't found it in my searching. 

I have a Family account that includes my daughter, who does not have any social sharing accounts (i.e. facebook, twitter). She used to use my account, until the Family account option, and so I have a lot of Playlists which really are hers. 

How can I share these playlists with her? I tried sharing, but when I type in her username, it says no results found, and no option to proceed. The Guide on sharing says that I should be able to share by entering her username, but as I explained above, it doesn't work.

I tried this from both the Windows desktop app and my Android app. Same results.

Thanks for the idea. 

As mentioned in comments, this is already possible. 

Related Ideas

Comments
MattSuda
Community Legend

@jnunemacher 

You could have support move over the playlists that are hers.

Explain to them that you moved to a family plan and make sure to include the playlist URIs (in desktop app right click playlist and select copy Spotify URI)  and also include the username of the account you want to transfer them to and support should be able to help. If you can't include the playlist URIs, give them the name of the playlists.

Let me know if you still have trouble.

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

Fred
Community Legend

Hello @jnunemacher .

Have you tried searching for your daughters username using the following input in the search-bar:

spotify:user:username

replacing "username" with your daughters? Once found you can follow her/she follow you. Once you have found eachother, sharing or following playlists ought to work. 

If unsuccessful, you ought to be able to follow the advice given by @MattSuda . 

As this is already possible I will close this idea - you can still add comments though or send me a  pm if you want further help. 

Fred
Community Legend
Status changed to: Case Closed

Thanks for the idea. 

As mentioned in comments, this is already possible. 

jnunemacher
Casual Listener

@FredJ, Thanks. Your solution worked.