Show All Tracks for an Artist (mobile)

Hello,

I am a long-time spotify premium subscriber and I love the service.

Sometimes I am searching for an Artist and want to be able to see all of their tracks.

No problem, you would think. Simply click "Show All Tracks". However, sometimes this feed is populated with results that I would consider irrelevant. If I am looking for "Queen" for example, I do not want to see "Queens of the Stone Age" or songs with "Queen" somewhere in the title.

I can click the artist name, but it will only show the top 5 tracks!

Some way to see all songs for an artist on spotify mobile please, that would be great! :)

Stuart

Updated: 2015-06-19

Update: This idea has been submitted again here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Mobile-See-all-songs-on-an-Artist-page/idi-p/1204996

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Marked as new idea and edited the title a bit to make it more general, so everyone can vote for it. ;)

CamelMan

This is a must, Why is this not included in the mobile app?

marina0aniram

I am quiting my premium subsription till this is fixed.

I always want to be able to check all the tracks of an artist from my iphone so whats the point if half the times I end up in youtube..

:(

cdsiii

You actually can force the spotify mobile search to return info related exclusively to that particular artist by typing into the seach bar

the actual word artist followed by a colon followed by the artist's name in quotes

for instance in your original example

artist:"Queen"

then the search results will return exclusively Queen songs (without extraneous things like songs with Queen in the title etc...) and you can click on see all songs

That's the good news....the bad news is you still can't sort the full list of songs alphabetically or by popularity etc...!?!?

cdsiii

Here's the VERY USEFUL full explanation of all Spotify search engine refinements :-)

http://searchenginewatch.com/sew/how-to/2103880/spotify-definitive-music-search-engine-guide#

jaspervt1982

Hi, 

Is there a solution coming in the forseeable future which will solve this problem. Looks to me (and many others on the internet) as the most basic and most needed feature for searching for a song. 

Hope you can work your magic and make this happen. I will be a happy Spotify user again if that happens.

Thanks

bodwyn

@cdsiii 

I've seen this said by others, but it doesn't work - try artist":james"

It returns loads of james's: james blunt, james brown, jarryd james.

See all songs is then not useful at all!

cdsiii
That's just because artist:"james" isn't specific enough....for rick james just enter artist:"rick james" in the search and it works perfectly....all the songs will be rick james songs....all the best
jaspervt1982
Thanks cdsiii, but this is still a workaround Spotify has to tackle imho!

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated: 2015-06-19

Update: This idea has been submitted again here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Mobile-See-all-songs-on-an-Artist-page/idi-p/1204996

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!