Show Currently Playing Track in iChat

Just like iTunes, it would be great if Spotify could show the currently playing track as an iChat status (and even a Skype status). That's all. Nice and easy. Not a deal-breaker, but a nice touch.

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
user-removed
Not applicable

would really love this. something i think about every time i open spotify and quickly google to see if it's been developed yet by anyone.

marianolatorre
Music Fan

it is nothing difficult to implement....why they still don't do it?

JSHorwitz

Hi Found this while searching for a solution.  https://github.com/augoisms/Set-iChat-status-to-current-Spotify-track

Cheers!

Peter__
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Changed back to "new idea" status - once this idea reaches 100+ kudos the Spotify staff will review it again and decide on a new status. ~ Peter

musickevin
Music Fan
I guess at this point it would be iMessage integration, but I am not sure where that would show up as far as status messages go. Perhaps if one had linked Gmail chat or... I don't know. R.I.P. iChat.
isolomon90

I'd love this!

Minasi

Hi Guys.

I found a code for AppleScript and it works for me, from http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1418925

1. Open Apple Script and choose New, then

2. Paste this code in the Window:

on idle
	tell application "Spotify"
		set theTrack to current track
		set theArtist to artist of theTrack
		set theName to name of theTrack
		if player state is playing then
			set playStatus to "playing"
		else
			set playStatus to "notPlaying"
		end if
	end tell

tell application "Messages"
		if status is available then
			if playStatus is "playing" then
				if (theArtist as string) is not "Spotify" then
					set status message to ("♫ Playing in Spotify: " & (theArtist as string) & " - " & (theName as string))
				end if
			else
				set status message to "Available"
			end if
		end if
	end tell

return 5
end idle

Now save as Application and keep it opened.

bessiegallegos

I am not sure this will help you or not. Try using this website.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!